This Board Needs Tunes - Page 128 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

I'd wondered if it might be nice to do things relating to the actual music (rather than names) - like drum solos or guitar solos etc - but - how long would you do them for, and then what?

A possible alternative would be to do songs or bands based on numbers.

The absolute simplest would be everything with a zero (or nought or nothing) then anything beginning with 1 (including 10, 100...), then 2*, ..., 9*.  i.e. 10 days total

A slightly more complex variant which could still be viable would be to do each one-digit number, 0-9 (one per day), then in a second cycle, any [other] number begining with a 1 (so all the teens and one hundreds, etc) then any 2*, then any 3* etc. So that would cover 19 days total. (i.e. 0, 1, 2, ...., 9, 1*, 2*,... 9*) So Route 66 and number of the beast 666 wouldboth be on day 16. Workable?

Edited by exile

I'd suggest more general themes like I mentioned I did a few years back with compilation CDs

Like we've just done with places (which was one I did back then) but not alphabetical.

Just have a theme each week maybe e.g. Animals or colours or....whatever ...sport - a song title or band name with one of the criteria.

By being more open ended it might lead to better songs (unlike some of the rubbish I've posted) so it's back to good/great tunes with a theme.

So we could start tomorrow with animals (and I actually DO like this song)  e.g. 

6 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Exile.   Some research mate.   At least I hope it is, and not what you have to listen to all day :hammer:   😜

I admit that it's not from my personal jukebox, I started from possible locations on this occasion. I googled "Xanadu" which was less than a second, google a couple of places beginning with Y, including Yoyogi park, and then Z. And that's what I got, in a minute or two. All done - and listened to - in less than the time it takes to listen to Rush's version of Xanadu! :guitar:

1 minute ago, Eisegerwind said:

I'm putting some of the poorer tunes down to an over eagerness to post something that'll fit in the category.

That's my excuse too.

I'm doing animals now for at least the next week.

Well, NOT actually "doing" animals (I'm not from Aberdeen) but posting animal theme related songs.

12 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

I'm putting some of the poorer tunes down to an over eagerness to post something that'll fit in the category.

Almost everything I post I own on one format or another, no over eagerness here.

15 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I'm trying my best here....

No offence, I can't help myself sometimes.  Vive la différence!   :beer2:   I like something of everyone's on here.

I've probably posted a few tunes that I'd forgotten I'd heard here first.   In fact I know I have :blush:

26 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

No offence, I can't help myself sometimes.  Vive la différence!   :beer2:   I like something of everyone's on here.

I've probably posted a few tunes that I'd forgotten I'd heard here first.   In fact I know I have :blush:

More importantly will you join me in my new animal theme ?

Any animal related song title or artist for the next week ?

:guitar:

6 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I've lost the plot here, so throwing in a place beginning with Z (if I can think of a Y I'll add it later) & the best animal song I can bring to mind off the top of my head.

It's a transitional day from x,y,z places to any animals in no alphabetical order (just any  random animals).

That was pretty good handover Mr H.