17 Broken Promises of the Better Together Liars. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 Broken Promises of the Better Together Liars.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/29/2016 at 8:55 AM, antidote said:

From the P&J.

https://archive.is/WZJIv

This article from the P&J is a bit of a surprise to say the least.

Can anyone think of any other broken promises from the unionists?

But the article also states that " Research by Europe Economics estimated the financial cost of independence to Scotland in the first year to be about £10.4 billion  "

15 hours ago, antidote said:

At least we got the 17 broken promises part. 

I don't really think that a victory, the report basically says the Tories have broken their promises but the Yes campaign were either lying about the financial outcome of a Yes a vote or they were economic imbeciles who shouldn't be trusted.

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

I don't really think that a victory, the report basically says the Tories have broken their promises but the Yes campaign were either lying about the financial outcome of a Yes a vote or they were economic imbeciles who shouldn't be trusted.

Safe to say if there'd been a Yes vote there would be numerous stories about broken promises in the White Paper...

4 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

And I don't think that was my point, was it.

25 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Do you seriously think that's a point?

Do you seriously think I'm going to rise to your bait of throwing in what the EE report said so you can diverting away from the main heading?

If you want to start that debate then I suggest you start a new topic. I'll certainly contribute to it.

2 hours ago, antidote said:

Do you seriously think I'm going to rise to your bait of throwing in what the EE report said so you can diverting away from the main heading?

If you want to start that debate then I suggest you start a new topic. I'll certainly contribute to it.

You posted a link that's hardly making a point.

10 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

You posted a link that's hardly making a point.

I think the point is fairly obvious and you are just choosing to overlook it and move onto something else. Which is fair enough if you are bored with the original point of the thread. 

The header is the Point

Scotland was lied too and the facts prove it.

Some people fell for the lies, 

The poster is informing these people of the lies they were told...

2 hours ago, stocky said:

The header is the Point

Scotland was lied too and the facts prove it.

Some people fell for the lies, 

The poster is informing these people of the lies they were told...

But the poster is also avoiding highlighting the content in the articles where the report suggest that SNP were also either lying about the financial impact of independence or they've financial team that can't work a calculator.

7 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

But the poster is also avoiding highlighting the content in the articles where the report suggest that SNP were also either lying about the financial impact of independence or they've financial team that can't work a calculator.

YES lost .  

their facts cant be disproven.

To say Scotland will only be safe in Europe under a NO vote has proven to be a LIE. 

The YES side said we would be safe, we dont know that , so no lie, 

BT Said Pensions would be safe- the paper said they are not , A LIE.

Yes said pensions would be better, we dont know that, so no Lie

etc etc for every single point raised......

No One knows where we would be if we had decided to run our own Country instead of letting others do it.

Do doubt there would have been lots of unforeseen and foreseen problems, but we dont know so they cant be proven, so no Lies were told. 

B.T. on the other hand have 17 Proven Lies in the article above .

That is what the thread is about, BT Lies,

if you wish to start a thread on YES predictions and faults , go ahead,

but all you seem to be doing is distracting and deflecting from the 17 Proven Lies BT have told us.

8 hours ago, stocky said:

YES lost .  

To say Scotland will only be safe in Europe under a NO vote has proven to be a LIE. 

No One knows where we would be if we had decided to run our own Country instead of letting others do it.

Do doubt there would have been lots of unforeseen and foreseen problems, but we dont know so they cant be proven, so no Lies were told. 

but all you seem to be doing is distracting and deflecting from the 17 Proven Lies BT have told us.

:ok:

I think it's naive to not believe both sides told their fair share of lies and half truths. 

Also in terms of financial blackholes etc I don't think we'll ever get a true reflection of Scotland's finances until independence is achieved. I don't think it's tin hat stuff to assume the books are cooked 

9 hours ago, stocky said:

YES lost .  

I'd suggest the thread is about the usual myopic spin of the McGlashan contingent.

20 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I'd suggest the thread is about the usual myopic spin of the McGlashan contingent.

Then you would suggest wrong then.

It is about the P&J unusually telling the truth about the BT lies for once and if you want to give the other side of Scotland's economics then start your own topic on the matter.

4 minutes ago, antidote said:

Then you would suggest wrong then.

It is about the P&J unusually telling the truth about the BT lies for once and if you want to give the other side of Scotland's economics then start your own topic on the matter.

Most of the promises weren't even promises and as for having to starting my own topic if I want to comment on this thread, that's the one of the most ridiculous comments I've read on here.