17 Broken Promises of the Better Together Liars. - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 Broken Promises of the Better Together Liars.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

Freezing the council tax did yes, councils are being starved of funding and are cutting services that the poorest in society rely on. An income based service tax would be preferable, the Greens, SSP and the SNP's own report that they commissioned into a replacement for the council tax agree.

It was the red tories who first froze the CT and it was the blue and red tories together on Stirling council which actually reduced the council tax at the last local authority elections.

Starved? Yes they are that starved that they have over £1.9 billion stashed away in investments. That starved that councils in Scotland had a £70 million surplus last year.

That starved that they can still send councillors on all expenses paid trips around the world.

The list is endless.

What about the [labour] councils love affair with PFI? Don't you think that these repayments are now having an effect?

If you need to blame anyone it should be the councils on their mishandling of our money.

An income based service tax is laughable, I could run rings around that and pay no tax at all on any property i own.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, antidote said:

It was the red tories who first froze the CT and it was the blue and red tories together on Stirling council which actually reduced the council tax at the last local authority elections.

Starved? Yes they are that starved that they have over £1.9 billion stashed away in investments. That starved that councils in Scotland had a £70 million surplus last year.

That starved that they can still send councillors on all expenses paid trips around the world.

The list is endless.

What about the [labour] councils love affair with PFI? Don't you think that these repayments are now having an effect?

If you need to blame anyone it should be the councils on their mishandling of our money.

An income based service tax is laughable, I could run rings around that and pay no tax at all on any property i own.

Damn! I thought I was on the tax thread.

Anything to say on the 17 broken promises scunny, oh master of the great diversion tactic?

3 hours ago, antidote said:

Over 40% of all council tax goes on PFI Payments   

Remember that any time some Labour Nawbag starts whingin....

the Gordon broon Tax.....

35 minutes ago, stocky said:

In my area 2/3 of the education budget goes on administration costs.

Around 50% of the total of CT goes on pensions for the public sector.

The coonsils certainly know how to spend oor money on themselves.

There I go again...diverting.

On 1 April 2016 at 8:32 PM, antidote said:

On 1 April 2016 at 7:55 PM, stocky said:

On 1 April 2016 at 8:32 PM, antidote said:

In my area 2/3 of the education budget goes on administration costs.

Around 50% of the total of CT goes on pensions for the public sector.

The coonsils certainly know how to spend oor money on themselves.

There I go again...diverting.

I take it none of these bad councils are controlled by the SNP.

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

I take it none of these bad councils are controlled by the SNP.

The PFI is a debt  payable over 20-30 years at massive Interest. Taken out by Gordon Brown and his Westminster Policies, not one hes been taken out since 2007, all new projects since then have been bought and paid for ,,, no debt.  

PFI  has to be paid by every single Council,

even if the Monster Raving Larky Masher Party controls it. 

I cant speak for Antidiotes Council, no doubt he will answer your point himself. 

But as usual you deflect and accuse and teh more you post the more you look like you have  no idea what is going on . 

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

The PFI is a debt  payable over 20-30 years at massive Interest. Taken out by Gordon Brown and his Westminster Policies, not one hes been taken out since 2007, all new projects since then have been bought and paid for ,,, no debt.  

PFI  has to be paid by every single Council,

even if the Monster Raving Larky Masher Party controls it. 

I cant speak for Antidiotes Council, no doubt he will answer your point himself. 

But as usual you deflect and accuse and teh more you post the more you look like you have  no idea what is going on . 

How is asking a question selecting and accusing?

But as for your "no PFI since 2007" comment  NPD isn't a kick in the arse of PFI.