Motherwell v Aberdeen - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 minutes ago, North East Loon said:

FFS i was absoluetly gutted when that kent scored against killie, now this

Wtf was Robson doing?

We have fecked up big time here im off out on the drink 

All jokes aside I feel your pain lad. I need a drink to watch the game these days!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Ironic that it was for a 'forearm smash' on McDonald. 

Aye the irony wasn't lost on us.

Given we beat ourselves do we still get the 3 points? ;)

Defending for the 2 goals we lost was almost laughable and not the standard of a team allegedly in a title race.

All over for another year then. Hopefully more attacking options added to the Aberdeen squad for next season or we'll see days like today repeated - not pressing home the advantage when you have it into goals will always come back to haunt you at some point.

Finally - nice touch from Motherwell FC and their Bois today to pay tribute to the 16 year old Aberdeen fan who recently lost his life to cancer. 

13 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Aye the irony wasn't lost on us.

Given we beat ourselves do we still get the 3 points? ;)

Defending for the 2 goals we lost was almost laughable and not the standard of a team allegedly in a title race.

All over for another year then. Hopefully more attacking options added to the Aberdeen squad for next season or we'll see days like today repeated - not pressing home the advantage when you have it into goals will always come back to haunt you at some point.

Finally - nice touch from Motherwell FC and their Bois today to pay tribute to the 16 year old Aberdeen fan who recently lost his life to cancer. 

Just seen them. Really no one to blame but yourselves for that yesterday. An absolute horror show for both goals. 

Reynolds has been liability all season apart from the three months he was out injured.

Yesterday Aberdeen were honkin but so were Motherwell as well.

It just shows how things can change so quickly ,we were just about to leave the pub thinking we could go top of the League today and then we find ourselves back in that pub at 5:15 sitting four points behind a shit Celtic team.

6 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

Yesterday Aberdeen were honkin but so were Motherwell as well.

It just shows how things can change so quickly ,we were just about to leave the pub thinking we could go top of the League today and then we find ourselves back in that pub at 5:15 sitting four points behind a shit Celtic team.

Could say it shows how little there is between 2nd and 11th....

On 19 March 2016 at 4:57 PM, macy37 said:

And to think some of the sheeps call for Reynolds to play for Scotland. 

Comical defender.

I don't think anyone does. He's rank. 

The loss of Danny ward has been huge. The whole defence now seems permanently on edge. As a result, we don't clear simple balls in to our box. 

Im surprised no one has mentioned that Well should've been down to 10 when they conceded the penalty. Haven't seen it again but looked a blatant red card at the game. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Was it Rossy who said there was nothing between any of the teams? 

I'm loathe to back Rossy up, but I think he is being taken too literally on this subject. 

His point, I think, is that there isn't a massive difference in resources, squad size, fan Base, income, money spent etc relative to what Celtic have over everyone else. Therfore, whilst better teams will finish higher over a season, it's not a huge surprise when Motherwell or ICT beat Aberdeen in a one off game.  It IS a surprise when Celtic lose games, because of the resources available. Its the same situation with Saints turning over Hearts. Yes a bit of a surprise but hardly ground breaking stuff. 

That's how I read it anyway  and tbh I would probably agree. Aberdeen's REAL bottle crash was failing to take a risk and invest in the squad imo. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

I'm loathe to back Rossy up, but I think he is being taken too literally on this subject. 

His point, I think, is that there isn't a massive difference in resources, squad size, fan Base, income, money spent etc relative to what Celtic have over everyone else. Therfore, whilst better teams will finish higher over a season, it's not a huge surprise when Motherwell or ICT beat Aberdeen in a one off game.  It IS a surprise when Celtic lose games, because of the resources available. Its the same situation with Saints turning over Hearts. Yes a bit of a surprise but hardly ground breaking stuff. 

That's how I read it anyway  and tbh I would probably agree. Aberdeen's REAL bottle crash was failing to take a risk and invest in the squad imo. 

I think that's all pretty fair comment.

Maybe your last sentence is debatable in that taking risk and investing has led to some pretty serious consequences for some teams in recent years. I think we have to trust the that club did all that they could do to strengthen - we had at least 2 different bids of £200k turned down for players in January. 

My main issue is that I don't think the manager used the budget he did spend to the best effect. By that I mean too many midfielders - I'd have sold/loaned a couple of players to have brought in others to give the squad a better balance.

Suspect its an ongoing process to get the squad he really wants. I think we'll definitely need to come out the summer recognisably stronger if we want to push on and be more competitive.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Im surprised no one has mentioned that Well should've been down to 10 when they conceded the penalty. Haven't seen it again but looked a blatant red card at the game. 

Off the back of calling for Mcdonald to get done by the compliance officer last week, I actually agree. It looked like a clear goal scoring opportunity to me.

If he's giving the penalty, it probably should be a red...

i actually didn't see much in the foul off the ball that had the Motherwell bench so agitated either in the build up to the penalty...

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Off the back of calling for Mcdonald to get done by the compliance officer last week, I actually agree. It looked like a clear goal scoring opportunity to me.

If he's giving the penalty, it probably should be a red...

i actually didn't see much in the foul off the ball that had the Motherwell bench so agitated either in the build up to the penalty...

Having watched I'd agree with all of that.

You could also have been mistaken into thinking you were playing Hibs in the second half FFS ;) 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't think anyone does. He's rank. 

The loss of Danny ward has been huge. The whole defence now seems permanently on edge. As a result, we don't clear simple balls in to our box. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35857117

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I think that's all pretty fair comment.

Maybe your last sentence is debatable in that taking risk and investing has led to some pretty serious consequences for some teams in recent years. I think we have to trust the that club did all that they could do to strengthen - we had at least 2 different bids of £200k turned down for players in January. 

My main issue is that I don't think the manager used the budget he did spend to the best effect. By that I mean too many midfielders - I'd have sold/loaned a couple of players to have brought in others to give the squad a better balance.

Suspect its an ongoing process to get the squad he really wants. I think we'll definitely need to come out the summer recognisably stronger if we want to push on and be more competitive.

Also all fair enough. Easy for me to say that as an outsider I suppose.