Scottish Cup weekend - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup weekend

5 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

a distraction ffs. Your miles clear in the league. And playing Peterhead won't prepare you for us.

last season your fans celebrated drawing us despite being utter mince. I'd imagine you will give us a more of a challenge this year.

I would agree. Last one was a walk in the park for you boys. 

Different game this time I think. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Bit of an over reaction there.  The cup semi last year wasn't exactly a bloodbath.

I don't believe so, although only time will tell.

Last season's Rangers team were not competitive. Even you lads admitted that at the time.

That's the difference.

1 minute ago, Fermer said:

Welcome to one of the biggest derbies in the world.  Enjoy.  Teddy Bears were up for it yesterday.  Hope its same time at this one.  Will be screened all over the world.  Good news story.

It isn't a good news story.

Trust me.

Do you think any other country in the world has this reaction when they two biggest supported clubs get drawn together?

Worrying about songs and maybe the odd fight (usually in town involving folk not even at the game). Scotland as a nation is really bad for over reacting, especially when it comes to football.

Yes some "naughty songs" will be sung, just like most big derbies but I bet the violence is non existent at the game. 

Stop letting the media's habit of sensationalising things form your opinion

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

It isn't a good news story.

Trust me.

How no Barney??  Only kidding mate.  Upsides with excitement, news coverage etc  but we all know downsides.  I am a gers fan and like others on here hate the bigotry bit but will still look forward to game.  One day!!!  The atmosphere will be crackling wi union jacks and tricolours.  But as much as I wish it was all st andrews crosses that aint going to happen.  I bet the fans of other sides will be commenting on it here as well as you must admit it does raise interest.  Hope Hibs make (no offence to caley).

6 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Do you think any other country in the world has this reaction when they two biggest supported clubs get drawn together?

Worrying about songs and maybe the odd fight (usually in town involving folk not even at the game). Scotland as a nation is really bad for over reacting, especially when it comes to football.

Yes some "naughty songs" will be sung, just like most big derbies but I bet the violence is non existent at the game. 

100% agree Haggis. Alaways media was going to fall over themselves (like the Aberdeen mafia lol).  Good name but hope theyre no really the mafia :huh:

7 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

The fact that this will be the first 'competitive' OF derby since El-Hadj Diouf seals it for me.

Hey, it's happening - so let's give them the chance to show that four years apart has developed a new perspective to the way they view OF games.

What do you think?

13 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Does any other country have higher levels of domestic violence following matches when their two biggest clubs play each other or is that just Scotland?

We played the old club 4 times since EHD left then Sevco last year.

I think , as I said above, some naughty songs might get sung and there might be a few drunken fights in town (like very Saturday night when football isn't involved).

Nothing too worry that much about. One the park, I think Celtic will win. Probably by one or two goals but hopefully more. 

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Does any other country have higher levels of domestic violence following matches when their two biggest clubs play each other or is that just Scotland?

I have no idea what the domestic violence stats are here, or in other countries but I'm guessing you do so please share.

Also of you could tell me how they compare with new years eve and other occasions when loads of alcohol is consumed then that would be interesting too. 

Edited by Haggis McBasher

6 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

I have no idea what the domestic violence stats are here, or in other countries but I'm guessing you do so please share.

Also of you could tell me how they compare with new years eve and other occasions when loads of alcohol is consumed then that would be interesting too. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24173811

19 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Ffs 'offended'? :) Irony lost on you there I think mate. 

I was joking, but my apologies, I'll let you get back to wetting the bed.

No worries mate - think you took me a little over seriously there.

You have a good night!!

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

Comparing it to Scotland games is hardly a fair comparison.

Scotland games don't start at dinner time for a start and only a fraction of the folk who watch Glasgow derbies in the pubs will watch the Scotland games, especially in Strathclyde where the stats are based on.

Are we now accepting, given your link states a 24 hour period after the game, that trouble at the actual match will be very minimal?

1 minute ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Comparing it to Scotland games is hardly a fair comparison.

Scotland games don't start at dinner time for a start and only a fraction of the folk who watch Glasgow derbies in the pubs will watch the Scotland games, especially in Strathclyde where the stats are based on.

Are we now accepting, given your link states a 24 hour period after the game, that trouble at the actual match will be very minimal?

Just because its not possible to come up with something that matches the complex set of circumstances that come into play doesn't mean you can't draw a comparison.  They could have done comparisons with other weekends when the OF weren't playing earlier and that would probably have made the figures look even worse.   Using Internationals is about as fair as you can get as these are games which have a "wide" appeal, much wider than limited to people attending the game.

You're right that there will most likely be very little trouble at the game, certainly in the ground as that's largely a thing of the past due to improvements in policing.  Its also likely that the vast majority of people causing trouble in the aftermath wouldn't have been at the game and most likely would have been watching it in a pub getting drunk and stoking up their bitterness in a partisan environment.

Have the Huns/Tims not played the same team within the last few days.

0-0 v 4-0.

Where are folk getting this view that Celtic will dominate. That manager they have looks pish to me. A gubbing maybe is what they need to wake them up to it before next year and get someone better in.

Back to this pish. What a bore fest.