What Routes Are People Taking? - Page 5 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Routes Are People Taking?

wanderer

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im well up for this and want to book flights asap but only if i will be gauranteed a ticket, i have 0 points should it be easy enough to get a ticket for the away end ? what was the script the last time we played them ?

Everyone going will get a ticket through the SSC.

Though not impossible to get to, it is pricey and hardly a jaunt down the road, and with Faro not long after, most folk who have to choose one or the other will consider Faro first.

Edited by wanderer

Tickets for every SSC member is guaranteed.

Everyone going will get a ticket through the SSC.

Though not impossible to get to, it is pricey and hardly a jaunt down the road, and with Faro not long after, most folk who have to choose one or the other will consider Faro first.

cheers, actually it doesn't seem too pricey flights are £300 which is about the same as flights to Faro are looking and hotels look not too bad. much rather go to a must win game and see somewhere i wouldn't usually visit rather than a booze up in portugal which i've done before.

Aberdeen - Tblisi via Amsterdam and Kiev. 3rd-6th £362. Only issue with it is the 45min connection in Amsterdam. Had a 50min connection in Frankfurt for the Poland game and that was very tight. Anyone been through Amsterdam and able to say if this is possible? Do you have to go through security again?

Very worst KLM will have to get you to your final destination as if you miss it through a delay on their part they will just stick you on the next available flight (either theirs or a partner airline who will send you via x, y and z....)

45 minutes is very borderline for Schipol, but do'able (though your luggage making it is a different story)

Aberdeen - Tblisi via Amsterdam and Kiev. 3rd-6th £362. Only issue with it is the 45min connection in Amsterdam. Had a 50min connection in Frankfurt for the Poland game and that was very tight. Anyone been through Amsterdam and able to say if this is possible? Do you have to go through security again?

unless you have a through ticket with the one airline, you would be mad to book it

amsterdam is a very busy airport at all times

And quite big. I'd check if your landing and take-off are in the same terminal (or very close).

If going to Kyiv from UK you land and take off in the same terminal, plus there is usually a safety check at the gate.

Case of once you land just go straight to next gate (which will probably be no more than 5-10 minutes walk away depending on the gate)

KLM all the way there and back. Theres a 6 hour connection in Kiev so if we miss the Amsterdam one then i'm sure there will be another we can get on. If we managed the Frankfurth connection in 50 minutes (and that was the other end of the airport in anoterh terminal) i'm sure we can make this one. All part of the experiance :-)

Booked today depart 12 20pm from Gatwick Thursday 3rd sept 90min stopover in Kiev then on to Tiblisi return sunday 6th sept from Tiblisi 062O same stopover in Kiev then onto Gatwick, £252 staying Old Town hostel centre of Tiblisi £26 for 3 njghts.

Booked today depart 12 20pm from Gatwick Thursday 3rd sept 90min stopover in Kiev then on to Tiblisi return sunday 6th sept from Tiblisi 062O same stopover in Kiev then onto Gatwick, £252 staying Old Town hostel centre of Tiblisi £26 for 3 njghts.

What airline is that mate?

J

They would'nt sell this flight if they didnt think you could make the connection. And if we are being honest and there is a plane load of Aberdonians waiting to get on the connecting flight and would make up the bulk of the passengers, I would see them holding the connectinbg flight to ensure that everyone gets on.

They did that with us coming back from bari, where the Bari to Milan flight was late and pretty much the whole flight was Scots running through the airport to make the London flight, which was held for us.

J

Just booked Turkish Air flying from Gatwick on the Wednesday, quick plane swap in Istanbul then onto Tbilisi arriving at 22:05, so time to get into town and have a few Wednesday beers.

Return on the 07:10 on Saturday! Back to Gatwick by 11:35 on the Saturday.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

After lots of lookin, finally got sorted. 4 o us Wed 2nd Edin/Heathrow/Warsaw with BA then Lot Warsaw/Tib arrivin Thurs at 4am ish. Captain's got us booked early checkin Thursday at hotel so a few hours kip then bring on the 4 quid a bottle o voddie. Same route home early doors Sunday 6th from Tib so up for a good night after game and recover Saturday. Sweeeeet Car-o-line... :sing:

Hallo Bristolhibby,not letting me pm you at the moment my flight times are as follows,depart Gatwick 3rd sept at 1220 pm arrive Tiblisi 2315 4hour time difference return depart Tiblisi sept 6th at0620 arrive Gatwick 1125am.

Cost £186 (Air Baltic)

Depart Gatwick: Thursday 3rd 10:20

Arrive Riga: Thursday 3rd 15:05

Depart Riga: Thursday 3rd 23:25

Arrive Tbilisi: Friday 4th 03:55

Depart Tbilisi: Sat 5th 04:40

Arrive Riga: Sat 5th 07:15

Depart Riga: Sat 5th 08:35

Arrive Gatwick: Sat 5th 09:25

Hallo Bristolhibby,not letting me pm you at the moment my flight times are as follows,depart Gatwick 3rd sept at 1220 pm arrive Tiblisi 2315 4hour time difference return depart Tiblisi sept 6th at0620 arrive Gatwick 1125am.

We will be taking off 40 minutes before you.

See you at the bar! (providing it's the same terminal).

J