Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 44 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

I am sure you could find anti white extremist black groups who endorsed Obama. But you do not project their views on to him, why not? Why only does this trick apply to Trump? How can he control who endorses him. You must know better than this Ally.

You don't project their views onto to Obama because he doesn't hold anti white extremist views, simple as that. It applies to Trump in this instance because he has said a number of things about Mexicans, muslims and blacks that a number of racist organisations absolutely agree with and it would seem that Trump shares a number of their values. As for how can he control who endorses him, he cannot explicitly control everyone who endorses him, but as a presidential candidate, i'm pretty sure he knew that by coming out with bile and nonsense that he did, he would garner support from some utterly repulsive organisations. You are trying to absolve him of all responsibility for his actions when in fact he should be held accountable for what he's said and should acknowledge that America at this current time is even more divided than in previous years and he is part of the reason for this.

Trump did better with Blacks and Hispanics than Romney. 

You are the one saying he is a racist so can you please quote in context exactly what he said to justify such a heavy accusation.  I suggest you watch the 16 year old black lad defending him in the vid above first lest you quote some easily ridiculed shite.

Edited by thplinth

Foxnews getting in on the manlove. Bless...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/10/more-with-less-trumps-lean-machine-beats-clintons-big-bank-account.html

Romney unleashed $156.8 million in advertisements against President Obama's $241.5 million in ads last cycle, Politico reported. Clinton spent $211.4 million on ads in the 2016 general election.

But Trump needed to spend just $74 million in ad dollars to capture the 279 electoral votes that assured his victory on Tuesday, with three states yet to be called.

:lol:

Edited by thplinth

This is a good 30 minutes from Sam Harris

Doesn't miss many - the Liberal Elites, Clinton, Sanders, Obama

He quotes a bit of David Remnick's American Tragedy diatribe in the New Yorker to highlight where the liberal left are

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/the-most-powerful-clown

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

wow ageist now as well? Are you going for a full house? B)

I see where this is coming from now. Your linguistics are stuck in the same decade as The Donald's politics, so that's why you've got your man crush.

On 09/11/2016 at 10:26 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Yes - but they got the result their polls wanted

Yeah, I suppose 1 out of 3 ain't bad... It just goes to show that there is a silent majority that governments dont cater for and have stuck 2 fingers up to the Media's polls

If all Trump voters are stupid, racist or sexist, does that mean all Clinton voters are war mongers? 

The reaction from mainly "liberal" people on social media, especially from the UK, Australia and NZ in my case has been really interesting and spectacularly ignorant. 

Whats more dumb, voting for the exact same regime that bailed out the banks and sent your job / industry abroad or a reality tv star that has basically no policies but says he'll reverse it all? 

The mainstream press are blaming everyone and everything excepy failed globalisation and the democrat / republican establishment. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

If all Trump voters are stupid, racist or sexist, does that mean all Clinton voters are war mongers? 

The reaction from mainly "liberal" people on social media, especially from the UK, Australia and NZ in my case has been really interesting and spectacularly ignorant. 

Whats more dumb, voting for the exact same regime that bailed out the banks and sent your job / industry abroad or a reality tv star that has basically no policies but says he'll reverse it all? 

The mainstream press are blaming everyone and everything excepy failed globalisation and the democrat / republican establishment. 

Yup, agree with that, and the reaction of the media I've seen has been interesting in its wilful blindness to what this result and others that have gone before should be telling them. That said, I don't think most folk are branding Trump's voters as necessarily stupid, racist or sexist.

I also agree that he's basically without policies (the way that the US presidential system doesn't trouble itself with manifestos is interesting). He seems to be pretty much ideology free and will say whatever seems appropriate to the populist moment, and he's clearly got a good sense of what that is likely to be. Many of his main supporters are ideologues, however ... how likely is he to put them into positions of real power - particularly in areas that don't really interest him like the State Department? Gingrich or Giuliani with direct access to the levers of power is a bit worrying.

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

Yup, agree with that, and the reaction of the media I've seen has been interesting in its wilful blindness to what this result and others that have gone before should be telling them. That said, I don't think most folk are branding Trump's voters as necessarily stupid, racist or sexist.

I also agree that he's basically without policies (the way that the US presidential system doesn't trouble itself with manifestos is interesting). He seems to be pretty much ideology free and will say whatever seems appropriate to the populist moment, and he's clearly got a good sense of what that is likely to be. Many of his main supporters are ideologues, however ... how likely is he to put them into positions of real power - particularly in areas that don't really interest him like the State Department? Gingrich or Giuliani with direct access to the levers of power is a bit worrying.

This is really the crux of the matter.

It's not so much Trump himself....he's simply a populist who has effectively spouted the nonsense that people wanted to hear from day one....it's the fact that the doors have now been opened for some real extremists to have serious political influence.

Much will depend on who Trump chooses to put in positions of power. Only at that point will we really know how worried we should be.

“Anti-Trump protestors in Austin today are not as organic as they seem,” one local in the Texas capitol tweeted Wednesday, along with photos offered as evidence.

https://twitter.com/erictucker/status/796543689237692416/photo/1

What I find bizarre and increasingly funny is that these mad Clinton supporters are writing kill the whites, die whites die etc and are openly targeting white people for violent attack for being white and still on here it is 'ooooo those trump supporters are pure racists man' while from the same folk shouting that from the rooftops it is deafening silence about the actual and really grotesque racism of these 'spontaneous pro Clinton anti trump demonstrators'. There are some real racists kicking about that is for sure but they are not by and large the Trump supporters from what I am seeing.

Can you imagine what the media would be saying now had Trump lost and it was his supporters rioting and targeting people for attack based on skin colour and holding up signs saying not my president, kill whites etc while blocking highways and intimidating people. The double standards applied here are mind bending for me. I really don't understand how more folk don't click to it, irrespective of what you think of the candidates. But then I think surely many must do, but they just don't care as long they 'win'. And for them I say to you - more than anyone else you folks are the reason President elect Trump is here. GIRFUY. :wave:

Seems a tad like right wing propaganda Thplinth

You are on a roll of being correct ..dont fall for the right's when you recognise the left's

Ive decided to be sceptical on all things from now on

Edited by Ally Bongo