Deutschland 83 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Deutschland 83

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hooked. Poor Linda though, she's not even been dead 5 minutes and Martin is already dipping the generals daughter

Can hardly blame him, she's a stunner. If anybody is interested, the actress who plays her is called Lisa Tomoschewsky and she did a Playboy shoot a few years ago.

So my pal tells me............

me either but I think he's in fur the bad aids

It does look for all the world that that's where they are heading with that storyline. Maybe there'll be a twist though.

The lad's still in the army but having a gay affair with an East German sleeper agent could well curtail his military career!

Aye, me too - fantastic series. Tied in nicely with my current reading of Stasiland (great book, by the way).

I can echo Stasiland. Read it years ago when it first came out. An outstanding book, very well written, like a whodunnit, even though it is a book of non fiction.

J

Loving Deutschland and Spin.

Loved all the Danish ones...The Killing, Borgen, The Bridge etc.

Also the other French one Spiral.

All so much more enjoyable than a lot of what we get served up. Lots of wonderful dark humour (plus quite a few hot actresses too ! )

Aye, me too - fantastic series. Tied in nicely with my current reading of Stasiland (great book, by the way).

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that book before but I'll check it out.

The cold war is a fascinating period of history, albeit a traumatic one for many living on the 'wrong side' of the iron curtain.

Loving Deutschland and Spin.

Loved all the Danish ones...The Killing, Borgen, The Bridge etc.

Also the other French one Spiral.

All so much more enjoyable than a lot of what we get served up. Lots of wonderful dark humour (plus quite a few hot actresses too ! )

Loved all of them too, with the exception of Spiral. Couldnae get into that all.

I agree that they are superior to most British dramas, although there is apparently another series of The Fall on its way shortly. That even has a fair few hot actresses, even though they tended not to survive for very long!

There's a good Norwegian drama on the go at the moment too called Occupied. It's very topical - the Norwegian government has decided to cease oil production and focus on a new form of renewable energy but Russia (supported by the EU) has forcibly occupied Norway's oil rigs and forced them back into production.