Deutschland 83 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Deutschland 83

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Last episode broadcast tonight. Awesome. Definite fair play to Channel 4 for taking the risk of a German language series on prime time. As much as I'd like to see more, I hope they don't "Homeland" it and keep it going because it's profitable. 

However, now need something else to consume my TV time.

Suggestions? 

38 minutes ago, McDange said:

Last episode broadcast tonight. Awesome. Definite fair play to Channel 4 for taking the risk of a German language series on prime time. As much as I'd like to see more, I hope they don't "Homeland" it and keep it going because it's profitable. 

However, now need something else to consume my TV time.

Suggestions? 

There's 8 episodes. Still another 1 to go

Edited by DoonTheSlope

12 minutes ago, Only One Stop said:

That was double feature length episode tonight. 

Enjoyed the the series but thought bit rushed at the end, perhaps set up for another series.

unclear about what happened with general and son in the house at the end though. 

Wide open fur series 2 wiz it the faither or son that topped their sel or did wan o them dae the other wan in? 

Yes Icelandic Trapped looks excellent so far and thoroughly enjoying Spin too (Although they should have gone with the French name "The men in the shadows...or Shadowmen)

8 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Yes Icelandic Trapped looks excellent so far and thoroughly enjoying Spin too (Although they should have gone with the French name "The men in the shadows...or Shadowmen)

Trapped has the same bleakness that Fortitude had. Probably down to the same background scenery. Good start though. Also watching Corleone(again) on Sky Arts. 

47 minutes ago, dan cake said:

the last episode/episodes were a bit pony tbh

a.i.d.s covered in 5 minutes and chucking in not knowing who his father was when it wasnt mentioned before

shame was decent up till then

Yep I was really dissappointed in the final episode. Lost its way completely with too many late sub plots.

On 17/02/2016 at 7:05 AM, EddardStark said:

Trapped has the same bleakness that Fortitude had. Probably down to the same background scenery. Good start though. Also watching Corleone(again) on Sky Arts. 

Romanzo Criminale and Gomorrah (tv series not the movies) should be right up your street then

Tv as an art form can be fecking amazing when done well

• 1 month later...
On 14 February 2016 at 11:36 PM, Only One Stop said:

Enjoyed the the series but thought bit rushed at the end, perhaps set up for another series.

unclear about what happened with general and son in the house at the end though.

Finally got round to watching the last episode yesterday.

Agree that everything did unravel in a bit of a hurry. But it left you with so many questions unanswered I'm in no doubt there will be a follow up...