Veggies / Vegans - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed a vegan "diet" for 4 weeks now.

Actually found it pretty easy but have been trying to eat more veg for awhile now anyway. 

Energy levels are the same, still doing a lot of hiking and haven't noticed any changes in how I feel during and after.

Feel better, probably due to cooking all my meals and not eating shite, which is still easy enough to do as a vegan. 

3 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Just had a re-read of bits of this thread - had totally forgotten about it but some interesting stuff posted in here, so ta for bringing it back PIAK. I imagine my main difficulty with veganism would be having to do without eggs.

No worries man. 

That was my main concern as well. Breakfast without eggs seemed really difficult. The now I'm backpacking so just cooking 1 or 2 meals at a time and eating them whenever I'm hungry, eating chickpea curries for breakfast is actually pretty awesome and fills me up until later in the day. 

3 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Just had a re-read of bits of this thread - had totally forgotten about it but some interesting stuff posted in here, so ta for bringing it back PIAK. I imagine my main difficulty with veganism would be having to do without eggs.

No worries man. 

That was my main concern as well. Breakfast without eggs seemed really difficult. The now I'm backpacking so just cooking 1 or 2 meals at a time and eating them whenever I'm hungry, eating chickpea curries for breakfast is actually pretty awesome and fills me up until later in the day.