Making A Murderer - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Making A Murderer

I'll check this out. Some of these just leave you open-mouthed in astonishment, the case of Robert Jones in New Orleans (thankfully now out of jail after 20+ years) was reported last autumn, I just couldn't believe what I was reading.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the prosecution and their take on this, say 80% of the evidence has been cut for drama.

It's a ten part dramatization on netflix, I'd not be arguing the merits of the case off the back of it.

It's not a dramatization to be fair, it is a documentary albeit from mostly one perspective. I heard the prosecution say that too and given that the whole trial was recorded, I imagine if someone was so willing they could do a critical review of the documentary versus the actual trial.

The one thing I took from it above everything else is how hard it must be to get a fair trial in America with the way the media are all over high profile cases. I know the media here can be out of order at times but the clips of the media before and during that trial in the documentary were appalling.

It's not a dramatization to be fair, it is a documentary albeit from mostly one perspective. I heard the prosecution say that too and given that the whole trial was recorded, I imagine if someone was so willing they could do a critical review of the documentary versus the actual trial.

The one thing I took from it above everything else is how hard it must be to get a fair trial in America with the way the media are all over high profile cases. I know the media here can be out of order at times but the clips of the media before and during that trial in the documentary were appalling.

So i knew even less than i thought :).

Sounds interesting will give it a look, don't need to convince me about the justice system in America (or anywhere)

:ok:

After seeing this thread, I'm 3 in. Miserable. It's very much like serial in Tone.

I'll keep it up, but enough for tonight

Between Christmas Eve and going back to work this week I managed to watch making a Murderer, Narcos, Beasts of no Nation and the new series of Luther. I'm amazed I didn't hang myself from the cheery viewing.

Watched up to episode 8 last night. I think 5-8 probably weren't quite as gripping as the first 4 but still compelling nonetheless. Will be interesting to see where the last 2 episodes lead. One thing for sure is if I ever find myself up on a murder rap (only a matter of time really!) I want Strang and Buting on my team!!

Watched the first episode last night and I haven't found it as gripping as everyone else... Probably due to living with North Ayrshire Council and seeing such corruption regularly :wink2:. Interesting enough to see it through though.

If it hadn't been talked up, I probably would have chucked it after 30 minutes. I think the 1st episode is just setting the scene and introducing some of the "characters". Episodes 2,3 and 4 get much more interesting!

Watched the first episode last night and I haven't found it as gripping as everyone else... Probably due to living with North Ayrshire Council and seeing such corruption regularly :wink2:. Interesting enough to see it through though.

I was the same after the first one however it's from 2 onwards that it really kicks in.

Came home early from work due to the snow... Have just watched another 2 episodes and plan on binge watching the rest rather than work :lol:,. I agree with the sentiments, absolutely gripping. Just been introduced to the boy Len :lol:

Edited by Scunnered

What is Netflix and how do normal people get access to it?

It's a streaming service for film and TV, you need a subscription to it, or a log on from someone who does.

Loads of platforms to access it from, I use my PS3, can watch it on computers, smart TVs, tablets, phones (I think), also available on BT boxes, presume you can have it as an add on on sky and Virgin too?

Not sure if that helps you any?

It's a streaming service for film and TV, you need a subscription to it, or a log on from someone who does.

Loads of platforms to access it from, I use my PS3, can watch it on computers, smart TVs, tablets, phones (I think), also available on BT boxes, presume you can have it as an add on on sky and Virgin too?

Not sure if that helps you any?

Cheers, sbcmfc. :ok: I still struggle wi channel 5.