Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Well, that was wonderful.

The new characters are all great, Poe in particular. Thought Kylo Ren was class and keen to know more about the Supreme Leader. The nostalgic nods to the old films were done really well. Han Solo is still the most badass c.unto in the galaxy, love him.

I fecking loved that, might have to go see it again.

Set up well for years more guid Star Wars to come. Can't wait to take my wee boy to see the new ones.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was ###### wonderful.

The new characters are all great, Poe in particular. Thought Kylo Ren was class and keen to know more about the Supreme Leader. The nostalgic nods to the old films were done really well. Han Solo is still the most badass c.unto in the galaxy, love him.

I fecking loved that, might have to go see it again.

Set up well for years more guid Star Wars to come. Can't wait to take my wee boy to see the new ones.

Poe was my least favourite among the new characters. Fynn was super, I want to make sweet sweet dirty sex with Rey, and I really enjoyed what they've done with Kylo... a shit 'Sith' that I can root for!

As a Han Solo fanboy, I'm all about the badass pilots with cool sidekicks.

Reckon Poe could become a huge character over the trilogy.

Oscar Isaac is a total dude, too.

I reckon he will grow on me over the next 2 movies due to the absence of Solo... His part in this one distracted me from my Solo fan boyness.

Isaac was absolutely glorious in Ex-Machina, if you haven't seen it I insist you get it down you immediately!

Saw it last night and thought it was great. The new characters are really well written and as a guy whole loves awesome women characters, Rey is just marvellous. I'm not sold on Snoke yet, I think they would of been better leaving him off screen and building the suspense around him.

The dogfight sequences were really enjoyable too, cleverly framed and not too jerry so you could still follow what's happening.

I also love Reys theme on the soundtrack, up there with Duel of the Fates and Leias theme for non main title and non imperial March tunes.

Disappointed i must say, basically a carbon copy of a new hope. Liked the new characters particularly rey, but not fully convinced why the stormtrooper committed mutiny. Also don't get why rey was abandoned on a desert

Internal conflict from Finn and Rey, well like everyone else, you'll have to wait and see.

J

I don't actually know why I am reading this thread because I actually find the fascination with Star Wars a bit weird to be honest. How can you string out a story of essentially good v's evil for this long :unsure: What is the big deal apart from the costumes :unsure: My Facebook feed has been about as dull as it was when Skyfall came out.

http://newsthump.com/2015/12/17/ive-never-seen-star-wars-the-new-im-a-vegan/

I don't actually know why I am reading this thread because I actually find the fascination with Star Wars a bit weird to be honest. How can you string out a story of essentially good v's evil for this long :unsure: What is the big deal apart from the costumes :unsure: My Facebook feed has been about as dull as it was when Skyfall came out.

http://newsthump.com/2015/12/17/ive-never-seen-star-wars-the-new-im-a-vegan/

#StarWarsBaaaaaaaaaad :wink2:

Exactly! It's the first of a trilogy so why give everything away in this one?

I guess because the ole "Luke I am your Father" has been done, so no need to build it up. It seemed to me that Kylo Ren had to do what he did to continue and comity to his education in the Dark side.

Hoping to see how dark it can get in the next episode with Snoke coming more into it.

J