Weekend Fitba' - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Fitba'

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joking aside what is the reasoning for your ban on voluntary bans? You are not deleting anything by doing this...

Since we're putting joking aside for a moment.

I need to say this:-

A board member told us on a forum that he/she had sent a message - the same message - to each and every Admin and Mod.

We are concerned that there are some issues with our communications because a number of Moderators and Administrators did not receive any such communication.

We are currently investigating.

Unfortunately, during this investigation, some users may have Log In issues.

Please bear with us - we’ll be as quick as we can.

We don't need to ban anyone who simply doesn't want to post any more.

It's not like an individual gets addicted to a drug and needs help to stay away from it.

I don't think.

Think about what is being said here. "If you don't ban me, I'll keep posting". Well, that's fine by us. Why the need for suicide by TAMB?

I can see why asking for a ban would be done. It means your profile is no longer visible and people cannot search your content from your profile.

If someone asks politely all this nonsense aside you would not do that for them?

Why should we?

If he's worried about the details in his profile he should alter or delete them like everyone else, then leave.

It's not difficult.

All this drama because he wanted "banned". Sheesh.

Edit; No.

Because they have asked you to nicely and it is easy for you to do?

Again why not admin4?

No you have never given any reasonable explanation. This situation to the side this is a poor stance. If a member politely requests a ban I can see no reason why you would make that into a big deal and refuse them.

And I respect your right to hold that opinion.

Why should we?

If he's worried about the details in his profile he should alter or delete them like everyone else, then leave.

It's not difficult.

All this drama because he wanted "banned". Sheesh.

Edit; No.

If he alters them, they will be false and then you're duty-bound to correct them back to the correct ones though. Then the problems start all over.

Since there seems no give on this particular route. Another possibility to settle the dispute is removing ad revenue from the site which would release the site from it's responsibilities under DPA. I believe this has happened before, just a case of recreating the circumstances.

If he alters them, they will be false and then you're duty-bound to correct them back to the correct ones though. Then the problems start all over.

Since there seems no give on this particular route. Another possibility to settle the dispute is removing ad revenue from the site which would release the site from it's responsibilities under DPA. I believe this has happened before, just a case of recreating the circumstances.

Consider it done.

What a guy.

The new Henry Kissinger.

No you have never given any reasonable explanation. This situation to the side this is a poor stance. If a member politely requests a ban I can see no reason why you would make that into a big deal and refuse them.

Not sure why this is causing you so much consternation? Is it just devil's advocate or is there a bigger motive?

Not sure why this is causing you so much consternation? Is it just devil's advocate or is there a bigger motive?

I don't see any logical reason to deny it for one.

I'd quite like the option myself one day for another.

I'd always taken the mods reasonableness on these matters for granted.

Bit surprised at this for no evident reason other than seeming blood blood between them and ek celt.