Moderation - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nah this was way beyond anything really, worst abuse i've seen online personally actually, going after family members who died, going after kids parentage etc, Multiple times over a 24 hour period while the thread was ongoing.

Have heard what was said in part and I agree it was out of order, however, it doesn't make Parklife any less antagonistic IMO.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parklife appears to have this ability to get under the skin of some posters, I'd say it's their problem more than his.

Definitely. He's a wee gobshite but (unlike a lot on here) he knows his stuff about football and that clearly annoys folk.

Having said that though, I have no idea why we are discussing parklife when we should be discussing the who was abusing him and Dunny.

Definitely. He's a wee gobshite but (unlike a lot on here) he knows his stuff about football and that clearly annoys folk.

Having said that though, I have no idea why we are discussing parklife when we should be discussing the ###### who was abusing him and Dunny.

I think I missed the worst of it but even then it was getting a bit OTT by the time I logged off. Grown men threatening folk on a message board, and not for the first time either, just a bit sad

I never saw it all just the beginning of it and the start of the real nasty stuff.

I suspect PB is serving a lengthy suspension and rightly so, he is a good guy I feel (don't know him personally) but he lost a bit of perspective in that one.

That said anyone trying to make this a big thing that mods must act or they are the same is being a bit of too (yermaw, no offence intended).

Be a sad day when we ban PB for being PB.

Parkie is argumentative as fukk and he looks for it. C'mon now that is obvious. No offence there neither parklife but it is true. (yeah yeah I am no innocent neither...)

I don't think temp bans are enough for people not mature enough to post on a message board without threatening folk.

Not that it really bothers me either way

Ach PB has a long history of threatening to batter folk while drunk. Does anyone take it seriously?

Have heard what was said in part and I agree it was out of order, however, it doesn't make Parklife any less antagonistic IMO.

I'd done nothing to be antagonistic in the thread at all.

I knew this pish would start, hence I was a bit miffed at the thread being removed.

Unacceptable haha

Nah, they're totally acceptable if we're bringing folks personal lives into it.

What he said to parklife and Dandydunn (two really good guys) was far far far below the belt. As I said, he'll choke to death on his own vomit one day, and nobody will notice .

You seem to "say" mainly sh*te.

I don't know Ed (Wibble, PB) personally but always found him eloquent and engaging when not 'in drink', and he's sent me a PM now and again when I've asked for advice. Am I right in thinking he's battled the drink a wee bit in the past? Just recently he's been back to posting incomprehensible stuff in the wee small hours. Is it possible he's having a wee bit of trouble at the moment?

Well you know maybe it is time for PISTONBROKE to take his life "offboard" and not share all the mad stuff passing through his napper at anyone time. I'll be sad if he does.

I'd rather retain the characters and use my judgement about who is and who isnt.

Better that than try to iron them all out so none ever offend you and you end up with a board full of mind pap.

Life bans are for whanks. Give him 5 years if it sates the tamb bloodlust. He'll be out in 8 months. Kents.

Edited by thplinth

I'm locking this thread, and I've "hidden" a couple of posts while I try to round up enough Mod's/Admin to get an idea of what we do here.

I understand that whatever we do will be doomed as poor moderation, so we'll be trying to do what we think best for the board rather than try to curry favour with members opinions.

We will revert when we've had a discussion.

As many of the Mod/Admin team as we could contact have decided that there were some posts on this thread that have been posted by a several times banned poster and that poster has been banned. We look forward to PGB's next reincarnation.

Some posts on this thread have been out of order. We think. And have been removed.

The thread will remain locked.

We apologize for the shite moderation on this board and invite people who are disappointed/shocked/offended or whatever, to simply off and inhabit boards with better moderation.