Jihadi John No More? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jihadi John No More?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Is the French bombing even legal?

Shooting and blowing up civilians ,i doubt it. I'm not meaning the French retaliation but the actual attack by ISIS. ISIS could say everyone is an "enemy combatant" which is the reason we use to circumvent the law. Just both sides carrying out extra-judicial killings.

It is a war between democracy and religious fascism within Islam. These people want to kill me, you and anyone who does not agree with them. Our disagreements and debates on here are utterly pathetic when you look at the threat and ideology of these people. I found this from former Pakistan ambassador to US interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11996879/Islams-civil-war-between-medievalists-and-modernisers.html

It's not "us" or "we". It's a battle within Islam. It can only be solved by Muslims long term. Until then the fight needs to be taken to terrorists by our governments to protect its citizens.

Christianity had it's centuries of wars, splits, reformations to reach a point where people now value life much more than death. These people don't.

A 17 year old girl from prestigious private school in a very nice part of Glasgow joined ISIS. I remember the family's celebrity lawyer criticised UK government. A government could not stop her. Family, friends, Islamic teachers, scholars and leaders could only combat her radicalisation.

It is a war between democracy and religious fascism within Islam. These people want to kill me, you and anyone who does not agree with them. Our disagreements and debates on here are utterly pathetic when you look at the threat and ideology of these people. I found this from former Pakistan ambassador to US interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11996879/Islams-civil-war-between-medievalists-and-modernisers.html

Aye that's why the US leader asked god if it was ok to attack Iraq. Cause he wasn't a religious fascist, or think god gave Israel to some the Jewish version of the Abrahamic sects.

A 17 year old girl from prestigious private school in a very nice part of Glasgow joined ISIS. I remember the family's celebrity lawyer criticised UK government. A government could not stop her. Family, friends, Islamic teachers, scholars and leaders could only combat her radicalisation.

The UK government can work towards tackling the cause of her radicalism - current policies will inevitably exacerbate it.

I don't know, I'm not convinced that air strikes by our governments will A protect us or B help solve this long term.

It's a pretty bleak outlook, but I don't see how it's possible to win this "war". How is do you reason with extremist logic?

Incidents like Paris are going to happen & more than likely much closer to home soon enough.

I'm skeptical about anything when all the information is from the media and state. Especially in matters of war and foreign policy. This guy is no different.

Problem is: the independent observers, reporters and non-combatants who may report factual accounts, tend to get captured by terrorists, and ultimately have their heads separated from their bodies.

Who to believe - the ISIS media machine or their enemy's (us)?

Do we know how many folk died in this execution? Did they manage to target, with pinpoint accuracy, just this one really bad person or did any innocent folk get killed at the same time? Why isn't our media giving us this information?

At the time ITV showed a US General? who said the kill was made when the US believed there would be "minimal civilian casualties" (or something along those lines). How very BBC-esque! 1? 2? 10? 50? 100? More?

Do we know how many folk died in this execution? Did they manage to target, with pinpoint accuracy, just this one really bad person or did any innocent folk get killed at the same time? Why isn't our media giving us this information?

The impression I got was that they took out one car! Impressive