Hearts V Celtic - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are forced due to cut the away allocation to allow more segregation because of what happened against Hearts (and possibly Hibs).

Sorry mate that's a load of pish. There was about 10000 empty seats in our end. I believe Hibs asked for about 2000. Should have been given them IMO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate that's a load of pish. There was about 10000 empty seats in our end. I believe Hibs asked for about 2000. Should have been given them IMO

The segregation thing has been there since August 2014. The entire of BF1 is closed for it and following the cancelled Hearts game GW3 is as well.

I agree about giving them more but I doubt the police would have allowed it if Rangers were willing to sell more.

Edited by Pete Gas

The segregation thing has been there since August 2014. The entire of BF1 is closed for it and following the cancelled Hearts game GW3 is as well.

I agree about giving them more but I doubt the police would have allowed it if Rangers were willing to sell more.

Aye I know that and that might well have been the case but what would the Polis have done if we had drawn the Tims? Insisted on 900 tickets? Not a chance.

It was all very petty between us and Hibs last season and it appears other clubs are now following on from that.

Edited by Angus_Young

It was indeed. As stated above I probably have slightly less of an issue with that given we were able to sell out our end to our fans. Both clubs have again been petty in that situation though and 900 is a pretty paltry amount for a stadium our size. It all got very childish IMO.

I know there are those on here who completely agreed with Motherwell's stance on it. In all honesty we were in no position to moan after how we handled Hibs, but regardless of that it's pathetic that any fans should be locked out of such an important fixtures when there are so many empty seats available.

It was indeed. As stated above I probably have slightly less of an issue with that given we were able to sell out our end to our fans. Both clubs have again been petty in that situation though and 900 is a pretty paltry amount for a stadium our size. It all got very childish IMO.

I know there are those on here who completely agreed with Motherwell's stance on it. In all honesty we were in no position to moan after how we handled Hibs, but regardless of that it's pathetic that any fans should be locked out of such an important fixtures when there are so many empty seats available.

I agree to an extent.

Obviously I'm looking at it through claret and Amber tinted specs, but Motherwell made a pretty reasonable request for ~2000 tickets in a 50,000 seater stadium in exchange for 5000 in a 13,000 seater.

We could've been really petty and given Rangers 2% of fir park, which would be about 250 tickets.

There is also the home advantage, which would've been eroded with a 50/50 split at fir park.

It was all very easy for Motherwell to take the moral high ground when the SPFL were hoovering up the gate money mind you.

:lol:

There is perhaps a case here for the SPFL/SFA to set a minimum %age as a starting point for negotiations to remove any such pettiness?

Anyway, I look forward to Celtic receiving 900 tickets for Ibrox of Rangers return to the premiership!

:P

I agree to an extent.

Obviously I'm looking at it through claret and Amber tinted specs, but Motherwell made a pretty reasonable request for ~2000 tickets in a 50,000 seater stadium in exchange for 5000 in a 13,000 seater.

We could've been really petty and given Rangers 2% of fir park, which would be about 250 tickets.

There is also the home advantage, which would've been eroded with a 50/50 split at fir park.

It was all very easy for Motherwell to take the moral high ground when the SPFL were hoovering up the gate money mind you.

There is perhaps a case here for the SPFL/SFA to set a minimum %age as a starting point for negotiations to remove any such pettiness?

Anyway, I look forward to Celtic receiving 900 tickets for Ibrox of Rangers return to the premiership!

:P

I agree mate. 2000 tickets for such an important fixture should have been given. No doubt about it.

The home advantage thing isn't really relevant in this situation, given your chairman has stated publicly, that he would have been quite happy for 4800 Gers fans to be there if Motherwell's request had been granted.

I think most Well fans would agree with your Clubs stance on it. It's very much a case of, 'well if they won't play ball, them'.

To me though it's just childish pish and exactly the sort of thing we should all be moving away from. As stated above, we had a national cup final final with thousands of empty seats because of shite like this. Unacceptable IMO.

To me though it's just childish pish and exactly the sort of thing we should all be moving away from. As stated above, we had a national cup final final with thousands of empty seats because of shite like this. Unacceptable IMO.

I agree about locking fans out, regardless of what team they support!

I suppose it would be childish to point out that Rangers started it!

Just to add aswell, it was tit for tat, but that's how these things work. If Motherwell just bent over and accepted it, it would seriously weaken their position in the future, as we'll give you what you want regardless.

Edited by sbcmfc

I agree about locking fans out, regardless of what team they support!

I suppose it would be childish to point out that Rangers started it!

Just to add aswell, it was tit for tat, but that's how these things work. If Motherwell just bent over and accepted it, it would seriously weaken their position in the future, as we'll give you what you want regardless.

Haha Na mate I don't think the reaction surprised anyone, although it was undoubtedly petty.

My point is more a general one. Too many within our game can't see the bigger picture and will just look out for themselves. unfortunately my own club is one of the worst for it.

I agree mate. 2000 tickets for such an important fixture should have been given. No doubt about it.

The home advantage thing isn't really relevant in this situation, given your chairman has stated publicly, that he would have been quite happy for 4800 Gers fans to be there if Motherwell's request had been granted.

I think most Well fans would agree with your Clubs stance on it. It's very much a case of, 'well if they won't play ball, them'.

Cup final was a police decision.

Pot/kettle my friend. Hearts are amongst the worst behaved away supports I've seen at Celtic park along with Leeds United and Ajax

Can't argue with you there, the fixture does seem to bring out the worst in a certain element of our fan base.

Looking forward to the game, hopefully our recent good record against you in league cup quarter finals continues, 3 wins and 1 extra time defeat out of the last 4 games.

Can't argue with you there, the fixture does seem to bring out the worst in a certain element of our fan base.

Looking forward to the game, hopefully our recent good record against you in league cup quarter finals continues, 3 wins and 1 extra time defeat out of the last 4 games.

Looking forward to it and I actually fancy us to win quite comfortably although there's no particular reason why we should Edited by slasher

You have won the previous few cup ties too easily, now we have our defence sorted out hopefully we will give you a game.

Yeah and the excellent win over Ross County at the weekend won't have hurt either. Sometimes you just get a feeling about a game though... eg I was absolutely positive we would lose to Aberdeen earlier this season

Yeah and the excellent win over Ross County at the weekend won't have hurt either. Sometimes you just get a feeling about a game though... eg I was absolutely positive we would lose to Aberdeen earlier this season

In that case get a tenner on it Mystic Slasher and really enjoy the game?

Pot/kettle my friend. Hearts are amongst the worst behaved away supports I've seen at Celtic park along with Leeds United and Ajax

Not been as I wouldn't be seen dead at Parkheid but I find it hard to believe any teams support (bar one obviously) could match ur lot in the "behaviour" stakes. Vermin.