Nfl 2014/15 - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TartanTeddy

I was going up against Aaron Rodgers in fantasy football this week, and Gronkowski 2 weeks ago. The Chicago Bears are killing me! They have been abysmal...

Join the gang, Rodgers and his 57 fantasy point performance in our league cost me victory!! :angry:

You should both be thankful that the NFL still displays a significant level of sportsmanship because Rodgers only played about ten minutes of the second half and the Pack basically stopped trying - so could have been a hell of a lot worse, because that final score actually flatters the Bears! Likewise, Brady got pulled and Gronk missed out on quite a few snaps the week before.

I think the Bears might do a mini bounce back the next couple of weeks - but be careful when they come up against the Lions because it could also be quite a mauling on Thanksgiving in Detroit!

TT

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should both be thankful that the NFL still displays a significant level of sportsmanship because Rodgers only played about ten minutes of the second half and the Pack basically stopped trying - so could have been a hell of a lot worse, because that final score actually flatters the Bears! Likewise, Brady got pulled and Gronk missed out on quite a few snaps the week before.

I think the Bears might do a mini bounce back the next couple of weeks - but be careful when they come up against the Lions because it could also be quite a mauling on Thanksgiving in Detroit!

TT

I'm hoping for more of the same as I've got Stafford!! :ok:

Unfortunately Green Bay will never come unless its someone elses home game, as they are only team owned by the fans and they would never give up a home game as there is like a 30 year waiting list for Packers season ticket, i am a packers fan but only way i will get see them will be go over to a game

If I was choosing my NFL team again, it would be the Packers. Purely for their ownership model and size of city versus the rest. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the Cowboys who come across a bit Chelsea these days.

If I was choosing my NFL team again, it would be the Packers. Purely for their ownership model and size of city versus the rest. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the Cowboys who come across a bit Chelsea these days.

Yeah been a Packers fan since 1991 and was only 10 since my parents bought me a Packers Cap and Jacket out of the forge and always love them since, obviously never knew about fan ownership till later on but glad my parents picked good team for me :>)

Was at Foxboro for the Patriots game. Enjoyable stuff, the Pats are rolling...

Good stuff

Had a wee treble up - Tottenham, Patriots -7 and Bears -4 on the spreads. Bears were looking grim till the second half

The question as always is can the Patriots carry their regular season form into the playoffs

Guess it's all about Gronkowski keeping 100% as he is without doubt the most potent weapon in the league

Against my better judgement i have had a few pennies on the Patriots to turn over the Packers at Lambeau, purely based on Green Bay's performance against the Jets earlier in the season

The totally transparent Ally Bongo attempted jinx working so far...

Lumping on the Jets +7 tomorrow in retaliation.

LOL - definitely not

They did me a turn last weekend

Also our season was over (officially) last week so my interest now is purely financial. You wont lose betting the Pats every week

And whisper it - but i think everyone that likes NFL can appreciate the way the Pats offense plays - there is plenty time to go

And the Jets will need more than 7 of a start tomorrow - remember i want them to lose every game from now on this season as well

Rex will sicken you one last time by getting a win or two. You know he will! From what I saw earlier, there are some seriously terrible teams in the NFL at the moment. You can only hope that the Jaguars and Raiders wont pick a QB 2 years in a row. But, the Titans, Bucs or Redskins might scupper your plans...

Edited by The Giant

Rex will sicken you one last time by getting a win or two. You know he will! From what I saw earlier, there are some seriously terrible teams in the NFL at the moment. You can only hope that the Jaguars and Raiders wont pick a QB 2 years in a row. But, the Titans, Bucs or Redskins might scupper your plans...

I know

However I have confidence in Geno ...

Miami scoring 36 although losing by 3 at the Broncos.....Can't help but think it shows they can compete with the top teams on the road. The Jets getting pumped last week as well makes me think Miami by quite a lot.

Going -13.5 Miami, and only because I landed a 27 pound profit from a free Ladbokes 'spin', I am giving them back a fiver for 66/1 Miami -43.

Had the Pats +3 doubled with Denver

Totally raging at the missed field goal near the end which would have meant the Packers could have run out the game and won by 2

Id like to think that im an expert in the Jets so -

Most Jets fans want them to lose all of their remaining games for draft purposes

Geno isnt the best and his confidence is shot - one interception or fumble by him and it could be a rout

Jets have arguably their best player - Mo Wilkerson - out along with big tight end Amaro

Miami playing really well this season and nobody gives the Jets a chance

Jets to win or at least beat the spread - Seen it a hundred times

Edited by Ally Bongo