Nfl 2014/15 - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TartanTeddy

You fill me with confidence but thanks for the input :wtf:

Honestly Dolphins Jets used to be the big rivalry in the AFC East before Brady came along and it has always been hard to call

The Monday Night Miracle is a game i will never forget - The Jets scored 30 points in the final quarter !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Miracle_%28American_football%29

The Jets may be cack but they do have some real quality and sometimes they come through - remember they really should have beaten the Pats in Foxburgh a few weeks ago which was one of our few good games this year

Two explosive running backs in Ivory & Johnson along with Decker, Harvin & Kerley in the OL - and despite the stats putting the Jets DL in the top 10 that has been their downfall especially at CB - the long pass has destroyed us nearly every week

Miami probably have less talent but they are a better team

Wouldnt touch it

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know as soon as I write this, one of these two will go off tonight, but that is horseshit.

In their day i maybe should have added

Jets win on the spread

Telt yees

Two explosive running backs in Ivory & Johnson

I know as soon as I write this, one of these two will go off tonight, but that is horseshit.

In their day i maybe should have added

Johnson and Ivory rushed for 167 yards between them - Johnson averaging over 6 yards a carry and Ivory just under 4

So maybe not so much "horseshit" Mr Rude

With those stats its ridiculous we still lost - shows how bad we are unless it was intentional

Blocked punts and missed field goals is unusual for us

Edited by Ally Bongo

Johnson and Ivory rushed for 167 yards between them - Johnson averaging over 6 yards a carry and Ivory just under 4

So maybe not so much "horseshit" Mr Rude

With those stats its ridiculous we still lost - shows how bad we are unless it was intentional

Blocked punts and missed field goals is unusual for us

OK. Taking stats from a single game, against the 21st ranked rushing defence, is a great way to prove your point. I apologise.

You could try removing the JETS blinkers for just one day. If those 2 are "explosive", I'd love to hear your adjectives for the truly good running backs in the NFL. Whats more explosive than explosive?! haha. "Fulminant" perhaps?

OK. Taking stats from a single game, against the 21st ranked rushing defence, is a great way to prove your point. I apologise.

You could try removing the JETS blinkers for just one day. If those 2 are "explosive", I'd love to hear your adjectives for the truly good running backs in the NFL. Whats more explosive than explosive?! haha. "Fulminant" perhaps?

I have no blinkers - i have stated often the Jets frailties and know where they stand at the moment

However to say that Johnson and Ivory cannot still be explosive running backs would suggest you have been watching too much fancy assed passing plays

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Johnson_%28running_back%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ivory

Ivory's career has been blighted by injury but when fully fit he is dangerous.

I have no blinkers - i have stated often the Jets frailties and know where they stand at the moment

Sure. Thats why you are on here extolling the virtues of the running backs, receiving corps and offensive line of a team that is 2-10. Two and Ten.

I am blinkered when it comes to the Patriots. There is nothing wrong with being biased, check out some of the threads in Football Related. haha. Just own it.

Sure. Thats why you are on here extolling the virtues of the running backs, receiving corps and offensive line of a team that is 2-10. Two and Ten.

I am blinkered when it comes to the Patriots. There is nothing wrong with being biased, check out some of the threads in Football Related. haha. Just own it.

lol - my points were in respect of last night's game and it turned out i was right in the main :guitar:

Jets finding new and interesting ways to blow it, and in the process adding to the likelihood of the Bears finishing the season rooted to the bottom of the division.

On the plus side (I think) I get to attend the next two Bears games, so at least I can console myself by freezing my ass off while chowing down on a Chicago style hot dog and a frosty PBR watching Cutler gently toss pick 6' to the Saints and Lions :banghead: !

TT

PS Agree on Luck, will be the premier QB in the league for years to come. In terms of rookies, liking Murray at the Raiders and Lacy at GB this season, both look to be future stars

. In terms of rookies, liking Murray at the Raiders and Lacy at GB this season, both look to be future stars

Lacy is in his 2nd year. Some amazing rookie receivers this year too. Evans, Beckham, Watkins and Benjamin all looking really good so far.

Lacy is in his 2nd year. Some amazing rookie receivers this year too. Evans, Beckham, Watkins and Benjamin all looking really good so far.

Wow, seems like only yesterday Lacy was at bama!

Watched the Iron Bowl last week and bama's SEC championship game v Missou on Saturday and TJ Yeldon looks to be another Lacy standard RB (some would say better!) and Amari Cooper at wide reciever was another stand out - not sure if they'll be in the 2015 draft, almost hope not as the Bears will have to go big on Defence and it would be nice to have a shot at either in 2016.

TT

Enjoy the games in Chicago. 'Ive see the Lions twice this season, once at Wembley and once in Foxboro, and I thought that they were pretty crap both times, so you never know. Although the Chicago defence is terrible. Its always good to get along to games though, regardless.

I watched a college game a couple of weeks ago and notice a running back who was an absolute beast. He literally had the defence bouncing off him and it was taking 4 and 5 at a time to stop him. Can't for the life of me remember his name or who he played for but remember thinking he looked head and shoulders above anyone else and surely a shout for the draft.

See Cam Newton was in a car crash and suffered a couple of fractures to his back - should put a dampener on Carolina's play off chances. Maybe the Bears could nip in and offer Cutler - would rather have Cam on crutches than Jay on the field!!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Massive win for Dallas last night! Now they control the division and know that if they can win their next 2 games they'll win the division and have the possibility of a bye week and home play off game. :)