Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018

Lone Piper

The SSC has become a national disgrace. The numbers are so mind-boggling I think I must be missing something. 20000 members paying full membership fee alone raises £1.1million. £1.1 million! That's some administrative operation. That's 20 full time staff on a salary of £50k a year! At least.

What the f*** is wrong with us?

Edited by Auld_Reekie

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SSC has become a national disgrace. The numbers are so mind-boggling I think I must be missing something. 20000 members paying full membership fee alone raises £1.1million. £1.1 million! That's some administrative operation. That's 20 full time staff on a salary of £50k a year! At least.

What the f*** is wrong with us?

I think there's about 30,000 members still.

Yep. I was being (very) conservative since I dont know how many concession members there are and whether they paid full price. The full income from SSC is likely much higher than £1.1million.

We are the income now since we haven't qualified for a major tournament since 1998.

The TV rights for qualifying helped subsidise the $FA so the Supporters Club only required administrative charges.

Now it's Scotland's loyal supporters who keep them afloat because that's no longer an admin charge like it used to be.

We're getting shat on more an more every 2 years and still can't qualify either, so the costs continue to become increasingly inverse to the returns.

I`ve been a member for 20 years. Hardly missed a home game in that time. I didn't go to the games at Ibrox or Parkhead at the start of the campaign because there was no way I was paying the rip off prices for the season ticket. I thought that maybe after watching all the shite games where barely 15000 turned up over the years that the SFA wouldn't rip me off just because they had drawn Germany. I was wrong. Now, after another disappointing campaign they've knocked it off by drawing England in the next one. As someone else said, there will be people queueing up to join just to get a ticket for that game. I was considering not renewing my membership but my son now wants to go to the games and he wants to join up. The real test will come when we get put in a group with no `glamour` opposition. We`ll see who thinks that £50 for the right to buy a ticket is value for money then.

I`ve been a member for 20 years. Hardly missed a home game in that time. I didn't go to the games at Ibrox or Parkhead at the start of the campaign because there was no way I was paying the rip off prices for the season ticket. I thought that maybe after watching all the shite games where barely 15000 turned up over the years that the SFA wouldn't rip me off just because they had drawn Germany. I was wrong. Now, after another disappointing campaign they've knocked it off by drawing England in the next one. As someone else said, there will be people queueing up to join just to get a ticket for that game. I was considering not renewing my membership but my son now wants to go to the games and he wants to join up. The real test will come when we get put in a group with no `glamour` opposition. We`ll see who thinks that £50 for the right to buy a ticket is value for money then.

But my son now wants to join up? And? Everything changes suddenly? What pish. Stand by your decisions for yourself and future!!! Or you can just go with whatever you are told.

My son is 11 mate and wants to go to see Scotland. No one is telling me what to do. I suppose I could stick him in front of the telly and tell him to watch it but I remember being his age and going up the stairs into Hampden for the first time.

I'm not waiting to see how much they want to fleece me. For the first time since Portugal 1993 I truly have had enough. A culmination of little things over the years has taken it's toll. Now that I am no longer a fan and deemed as a mere customer they can do one. Not one match was a sell out at home in the last campaign so I am 100% sure I will obtain a ticket for any home match I wish to attend. I will now take my chance for any away game. I'm on the verge of chucking that all together anyway. After 80 odd away games again i'm fairly confident of securing a ticket for any game I wish to go to.

What galls me is with the England game being when it is and the time it is at, no matter what they charge it will sell. Glasgow that day would be a good place to be well away from. Incidentally part of my wishing to chuck it altogether is the behaviour of fans/supporters at home games. the amount of infighting and i'm better than you attitude is becoming pathetic.

Maybe i'm just getting too old. I don't think so and if many of my ilk are likeminded it will be interesting to see figures for membership renewal.

I'm not waiting to see how much they want to fleece me. For the first time since Portugal 1993 I truly have had enough. A culmination of little things over the years has taken it's toll. Now that I am no longer a fan and deemed as a mere customer they can do one. Not one match was a sell out at home in the last campaign so I am 100% sure I will obtain a ticket for any home match I wish to attend. I will now take my chance for any away game. I'm on the verge of chucking that all together anyway. After 80 odd away games again i'm fairly confident of securing a ticket for any game I wish to go to.

What galls me is with the England game being when it is and the time it is at, no matter what they charge it will sell. Glasgow that day would be a good place to be well away from. Incidentally part of my wishing to chuck it altogether is the behaviour of fans/supporters at home games. the amount of infighting and i'm better than you attitude is becoming pathetic.

Maybe i'm just getting too old. I don't think so and if many of my ilk are likeminded it will be interesting to see figures for membership renewal.

^^^

Pretty much my feelings as well.

Yep. I was being (very) conservative since I dont know how many concession members there are and whether they paid full price. The full income from SSC is likely much higher than £1.1million.

You have all those staff getting free holidays to administer the pick ups mind.

After joining be for Euros, I let my membership lapse after Berriew Vogts. I couldn't get a ticket for the Italy game and the feeling seeing that game on television was horrendous.

They have us by the short and curlies.

Sort of the same as me. I'd been to all the friendlies with 12,000 v Austria, 17,000 v USA, 13,000 v Denmark and away up to Aberdeen, Tynie and Easter Road etc

Then we hit a wee bit form and come the France and Italy games I was snookered.

What were the costs last time £50 to renew, £45 for the early bird option and I assume to was more if you wanted to join in March or whenever when the renewal period ended?

Seem to remember it was £20 for my kids but could have been £25

£45 for the early bird sounds right. When are we expecting to get the begging emails?

We'll be lucky if 10,000 join if its £45 to renew. Absolute rip off!

They'll try to wrangle something with the England game thats obvious. Rejoin the SSC and u get an England ticket for £40 instead of £60...

I'm only doing it for away games. Seriously need to bring back the travel club!

Valid points by everyone but on a personal note i just got a £29.40 discount today at JD Sports for training stuff for me & my boy.....not to mention what discounts i got last year....so on a personal level me & my boys memberships pay for themselves.

aw naw this has obviously passed me by. Just spent a fortune in JD Sports - can you get money off there and other places showing the cards? (I have 4 cards in the immediate family and never thought they might be useful for this)

My feelings also

They will still get large numbers joining up again. if you look at the figures, only a small proportion of fans use their membership to get tickets for away games. The rest are in it for the home games mainly, and I don't think that will change.

personally I join for both home and away games and I'm not quite ready tae pack it in yet