Drink Inside The Ground Tonight - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drink Inside The Ground Tonight

Exglasgowasc

Never seen so much of it being so openly consumed as I did tonight. appears to me that it is becoming more and more prevalent. Gone seem to be the days when there was a steward or a copper on every turnstile searching everyone. I am in no way anti drink as anyone knows me knows. Just much more of it going on at internationals (at home). Also stewards and coppers seem to have become less visible in the ground with regards to standing in aisles, standing, being pished etc. being able to run on the park and taking selfies.

Were they so overstretched in trying to look after the poles and prevent incidents?

Far too many not going for the game anymore. Consider the number apparently already in Portugal and missing tonight. Merely my observations and opinions.

This coming from the guy who didn't know what colour Scotland were playing in until half time in San Marino in 2001.

Incoming.

In the past Strathclyde's finest would have waded in and nipped the likes of the Poles causing trouble right in the bud.

Obviously today's breed are less brave.

Why put yourself in the line of fire by tackling the bigger more important issues when you can busy yourself with the piddling little unimportant things?

It's all about ticking boxes these days.

As I said in my post (and got abuse for it) there were idiots sitting infront of us drinking amd then they started smoking while doing coke off their empty bottle....I mean cummon, there were kids next to them, I think there are too many halfwits going to games now and I'm seriously considering giving it up.

As I said in my post (and got abuse for it) there were idiots sitting infront of us drinking amd then they started smoking while doing coke off their empty bottle....I mean cummon, there were kids next to them, I think there are too many halfwits going to games now and I'm seriously considering giving it up.

That's the kind of thing the police should be dealing with, not worrying about somebody not sitting down.

Disgusting behaviour especially in font of kids.

Would have been very easy to lift them, identify them and ban them from Hampden (and the SSC if members) for life.

Unacceptable.

That's the kind of thing the police should be dealing with, not worrying about somebody not sitting down.

Disgusting behaviour especially in font of kids.

Would have been very easy to lift them, identify them and ban them from Hampden (and the SSC if members) for life.

Unacceptable.

Exactly, I had a go at them and I've never been met with such abuse from a scotland fan, they were totally out of order.

This is worrying in that we have managed to build a fantastic reputation as well-behaved fans - leaving the bad old days of 70s behind and self-policing. Hopefully this will not continue and, whilst the polis and stewards should be sorting it out, we need to maintain our standards because the english press in particular will love rubbing our noses in it even more if they get a hold of stories like this.

It is even more ludicrous then, when inside the ground just after entering I saw a young bloke being chased after by stewards near the food kiosk in the West Stand and being told to throw his bottle of water in the bin as it was bought outside.

he should have stuck a tyskie label on it

There were a fair few hip flasks going around near us. Not bothered personally as long as folk don't act like dicks

Doesn't really bother me either, although I do question the point in getting so drunk before/during a game you can barely stand, but each to their own....

There were a fair few hip flasks going around near us. Not bothered personally as long as folk don't act like dicks

agree, problem is as its illegal the type of people you get drinking in games are often like that, cant remember the last time i drunk in a ground, must have been the 90's. horrified to find at dortmund that the beer was alcohol free mind you

the half bottle of rum got ditched in a hedge outside hampden and drunk after the game last night.

Edited by LewisEDI