Martin O'neil - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Martin O'neil

@Kirk & BraveheartGordon

Jesus wept. Some pretty embarrassing stuff from the both of you. Us Irish can't be held accountable if there's a delay in your tampax shipment.

And tbh we'd have taken up Walter's or whoever's hypothetical offer for the match to be replayed seeing as we were the home side who dropped points ;).

Edited by irish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha just keep thinking youre a good team. You guys are shite.

Yes I'm bitter and gutted but you guys really are one of the worst teams over seenat international level.

4 points off the World Champions & 6 off Georgia - you should reflect on that Pal !

Bitter & gutted - but I note not surprised , enjoy the Gibraltar game !

Bet you that the international media aren't saying that we are one of the worst teams " over seenat " international level !

Rossy, on 08 Oct 2015 - 9:43 PM, said:snapback.png

Fair play to Ireland for getting 4 points off Germany, but they're still a shite football team.

I desperately hope that Poland beat them and that they get turfed out in the play-offs.

Spot on. They are shite and we flattered them in Dublin.

Mon the Poles

Would ye stop acting like sore losers. We're not at fault here its yourselves that messed up against Georgia and if the shoe was on the other foot i'd still support ye to get there at least.

Surely after your Thierry Henry moral crusade Jon Walters should have admitted he handballed it and was offside for his goal against us?

Or even called for the match even to be replayed?

We certainly would like to return to the status quo & see the game versus yourselves replayed - leaving yourselves on 11 points & us on17 , a bit of a dead rubber for yourselves & a chance for us to gazump Poland !

Oh and the moral crusade paid off to the tune of 5 million euro & a draw against Estonia to qualify for the Euros in 2012 - you remember watching that on tv surely !

On the bright side James McCarthy & Aidan McGeady are still in the mix !

Edited by deiseblue

Its not pretty but its effective. Route 1 long ball last night - goal! World champs beaten and they progress and we are out again!

Dont know the answers for us but our tempo and pressing is a disgrace. Brown, D Fletcher, Hutton, Martin, Hanley etc they just roll the ball to each other, if its within 5 yards its a good pass, no firing it at each other so its fizzed about quickly, so a slow lazy pass, and we are closed down quickly and invariably lose possession. We started last night, both halves, at the same pace as the 'must win' Georgia game.

Would ye stop acting like sore losers. We're not at fault here its yourselves that messed up against Georgia and if the shoe was on the other foot i'd still support ye to get there at least.

I'd like to think this is true, from my end at least. I congratulated the Scots on this board after their win in Glasgow. On that night, they were the better team. Over the campaign as a whole, though, they fell short, and they've really only themselves to blame for that. It's hyperbole for bitter Scottish fans to call Ireland one of the worst international sides around. But if Ireland are that, then what the hell does that make Scotland?

Scottish fans should send bunch of roses to journalist who made up story about Lewandowski being a big,crying baby. Lewy was really pissed off and there you go.Only in England they have more stupid so called journalist.

BTW.

We will beat Ireland easily on Sunday,no doubt about that.One long ball to Long wont be enough(+;

I'm not mad at Ireland, I'm much more pissed off with Germany.

Yep. They went through the motions in both games against Ireland. Thought the Oirish crowd were very clever last night, didn't create any atmosphere so it felt like a training game and that's exactly how the Gerries played it. Remarkable to think that if Germany actually tried a leg and had won both games against them and the game against Poland and we hold on last night a win against Gibraltar on Sunday would have seen us qualify automatically. Thanks Germany you *****.

Edited by Hendricks

Scottish fans should send bunch of roses to journalist who made up story about Lewandowski being a big,crying baby. Lewy was really pissed off and there you go.Only in England they have more stupid so called journalist.

BTW.

We will beat Ireland easily on Sunday,no doubt about that.One long ball to Long wont be enough(+;

You weren't particularly good last night, and clearly neither are Ireland. If you were any good, you'd have beaten us - a distinctly average team that has shipped 12 goals this campaign.

Whoever makes it to the Euros would be hoping to draw Poland/Ireland/Scotland as none of us are a threat to the decent European sides.

Can only say congratulations to Iteland. I have mates from Belfast, from both sides, and they are absolutely buzzing this morning. I'm chuffed for them, particularly the lads that follow Northern Ireland as they have suffered for a long time like we have. Obviously Ireland aren't there yet but what a chance they have now. Their away day on Sunday will be some carry on.

And also fair play to lads like GTR. He has been a good poster and gave a countless amount of advice to posters on here about the trip to Dublin.

Good luck to them!

Aye, good luck to the Irish.

Wasn't in Dublin, but knew a few there and said it was a fantastic trip. At that stage in the group Ireland looked way off the pace (having taken 1pt from us) yet most of the folk they were great ambassadors.

I watched a bit of the Ger-Ire game yesterday and it looked similar to our performances v France in the 08 campaign. They defended excellently and took the breaks that came their way. They looked a lot stronger than we did as well in our home game against Germany. When we played them last month, even at 1-1 or 2-2, you just knew they would always get the next goal. Last night, it didn't look like that and sure they missed a few great chances - Muller near the end. Christie looked to have a fantastic game from the bits I saw.

I hope they win in Warsaw on Sunday. Might give some of the Poles who think they have a world class team a shake as well.

Can only say congratulations to Iteland. I have mates from Belfast, from both sides, and they are absolutely buzzing this morning. I'm chuffed for them, particularly the lads that follow Northern Ireland as they have suffered for a long time like we have. Obviously Ireland aren't there yet but what a chance they have now. Their away day on Sunday will be some carry on.

And also fair play to lads like GTR. He has been a good poster and gave a countless amount of advice to posters on here about the trip to Dublin.

Good luck to them!

Cheers Mate - i greatly appreciate your post as do other Irish fans on here

Many congrats to Northern Ireland also

T.A,

Sincerest hard luck on not making it . I know how gutting it can be as i have experienced it many times with Ireland . Had a great laugh with ye in Glasgow and Dublin and would have loved if we both made to France (although we still have some work to do). Not much more I can say really.

All the best for the next qualifying campaign

Cheers

Cheers Mate - i greatly appreciate your post as do other Irish fans on here

Many congrats to Northern Ireland also

T.A,

Sincerest hard luck on not making it . I know how gutting it can be as i have experienced it many times with Ireland . Had a great laugh with ye in Glasgow and Dublin and would have loved if we both made to France (although we still have some work to do). Not much more I can say really.

All the best for the next qualifying campaign

Cheers

Absolutely no hard feeling towards you boys. You have got yourself in position so fair play. Might not be pretty but who gives a feck? You will (probably) be going and we won't. And it's our own fault.

Had a cracking time in Dublin and played in the fans match in Glasgow. Cracking bunch of boys.

Enjoy mate, genuinely hope you make it now that we can't.

I reckon I will be rooting on Ireland as well for the fan factor. Far more amiable and placid than the Poles at Hampden last night.

I would say they can do it. Keep it tight and dry up Polish chances and their defence, when put under pressure, is very suspect.

I would have said that there would be no way in hell that a long ball team that offers nothing could go away to poland and win

but then again they did Germany last night

I would have said that there would be no way in hell that a long ball team that offers nothing could go away to poland and win

but then again they did Germany last night

I would say it is quite feasible. Their defence is suspect. Bombard the defence with long balls and (saw it last night) they are decidedly edgy clearing their lines. Sit back and let them have the ball and you invite trouble.

The test for how good a team is to match it against other teams and then play, the point is to win the game, that is the final arbiter of how good you are. Ireland have proven rather good, beating the current world champions of good.

In competition wins are the only real metric.

No point in moaning about Ireland being the modern day equivalent of Wimbledon or Sheffield Utd - they got the points and four points from Germany is some going. Well worth remembering that we beat France home and away in that Euro 08 campaign, although we failed to qualify yet again, but the comparisons with the two games are almost parallel.

Been some good contributors from the Irish contingent on here like GTR etc and were warmly welcomed in Dublin back in June.

@Kirk & BraveheartGordon

Jesus wept. Some pretty embarrassing stuff from the both of you. Us Irish can't be held accountable if there's a delay in your tampax shipment.

And tbh we'd have taken up Walter's or whoever's hypothetical offer for the match to be replayed seeing as we were the home side who dropped points ;).

I jst go to the shops for my Tampax thanks. Not embarrassed at all though but cheers.

4 points off the World Champions & 6 off Georgia - you should reflect on that Pal !

Bitter & gutted - but I note not surprised , enjoy the Gibraltar game !

Bet you that the international media aren't saying that we are one of the worst teams " over seenat " international level !

I've taken a moment to reflect and still couldn't care less. And apologies for the poor typing.

Well that's nice, I'll be sporting a team that plays football though. Enjoy wherever you get to

@Kirk & BraveheartGordon

The post I was replying to was embarrassing!

I never knew the Irish were such terrible winners, you've been all over this board like a rash since Thursday night.

We certainly would like to return to the status quo & see the game versus yourselves replayed - leaving yourselves on 11 points & us on17 , a bit of a dead rubber for yourselves & a chance for us to gazump Poland !

Oh and the moral crusade paid off to the tune of 5 million euro & a draw against Estonia to qualify for the Euros in 2012 - you remember watching that on tv surely !

On the bright side James McCarthy & Aidan McGeady are still in the mix !

I do remember it!

You were the worst team in the tournament! :)