Rupert Murdoch To Back No - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rupert Murdoch To Back No

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally

I'm the same

Famous last words but when you think about it rationally there is not something that is going to result in a dramatic slide from one side to the other with 4 days to go

Unless Salmond endorses North Korea or the likes

Unfortunately rationality is not on my radar at the moment

Roy Jenkins (from memory) described Tony Blair's approach to the 1997 election as a man walking across a polished floor carrying a ming vase.

This is pretty much Alex Salmond and the SNP's job this week. Just keep the heid and do not make any stupid mistakes.

Alex F. is a firm NO and will I expect be wheeled out before all this over. Probably saving him for this week. He will have been asked to support them (in their desperate hour of need).

I have no problem with this or guys like David Bowie. (Bowie did not run us down or slag us off he just asked us to stay. We can't demonize anyone for that.)

No, but we can mock them for their crocodile tears. We're not "going" anywhere - they can still pop up to Scotland any time they want, if they care that much.

We just want to make our own decisions is all

No, but we can mock them for their crocodile tears. We're not "going" anywhere - they can still pop up to Scotland any time they want, if they care that much.

We just want to make our own decisions is all

Well I hope he did not mean it in a geographical sense as that would have been ridiculous.

Although I recall vaguely the monster raving loony party maybe did have a policy to tow England to the south of France to get better weather.

I suspect Murdoch is doing the chase me chase me routine just to dump a NO on us this week. Garnering as much attention as possible just before hand...the extreme allies pish was enough for me with him. Who cares what he says from here on in. Ignore the prikk.

Edited by thplinth

Heard Alan Cochrane (surprisingly reserved) and Iain MacWhirter on GMS there, both agreeing that nobody in the press has got a clue what's going to happen, polls are all over the shop, so many undecideds, so many new or lapsed voters etc.

They reckon that's why Murdoch isn't committing, there is no obvious winner...

Roy Jenkins (from memory) described Tony Blair's approach to the 1997 election as a man walking across a polished floor carrying a ming vase.

This is pretty much Alex Salmond and the SNP's job this week. Just keep the heid and do not make any stupid mistakes.

Aye this really is the "Time for politicians to stand aside, the People of Scotland have this under control"

I suspect Murdoch is doing the chase me chase me routine just to dump a NO on us this week. Garnering as much attention as possible just before hand...the extreme allies pish was enough for me with him. Who cares what he says from here on in. Ignore the prikk.

Agreed. I was hugely suspicious of his early attempts to appear on verge of declaring for Yes - it smelled like a plan to do a dramatic turn around on the last day or two and give No a big boost.

I kinda hope the b*stard does. I think we can and will win this despite the lot of them, and it would be hugely satisfying watching all those in No campaign who've been bleating about Murdoch suddenly having to eat their own words.