Golfers Forum. - Page 26 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

19 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

If you can I'd give the Carrick a few weeks to dry out.

No can do I'm afraid. 

Was difficult enough getting it rearranged,was all they could offer. 

We were actually lucky because they were adamant at first that we would get nothing back for cancelling last week. 

29 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No can do I'm afraid. 

Was difficult enough getting it rearranged,was all they could offer. 

We were actually lucky because they were adamant at first that we would get nothing back for cancelling last week. 

It's a nice course with stunning views but you might need waders to get round.

4 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

First medal tonight. Greens not great yet so pretty much a lottery (in other words a 0.1)....

There is a new rule for handicapping brought in this year. If a player has 7 consecutive 0.1 increases the committee can review his handicap. I'm on 4 x 0.1 already.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

There is a new rule for handicapping brought in this year. If a player has 7 consecutive 0.1 increases the committee can review his handicap. I'm on 4 x 0.1 already.

Yes - I think they can review and add up to 1.0. Means that 7 poor medals can see you go up 1.7. That's quite steep!!  I think if you've missed buffer by a stroke or two no drastic action will be taken. 

Just finished my medal. Managed a 75. Bit rock and roll with 6 bogeys, a triple and 5 birdies. Out in 42, back in 33! Will avoid a 0.1 due a stableford adjustment on the triple. 

Greens were better than expected and managed to hole some putts. 

Mojo back!

Edited by SMcoolJ

First bounce game of the season next week at Tillicoultry, ahead of first work medal the following week at Glenbervie. Hopefully stays dry as it's a cracking course.  

Can't join anywhere for the second year in a row which is disappointing but can't be helped.  

Played the Carrick on Saturday,stunning location,nice course,but as was said by some on here,it was very wet underfoot. 

My shoes have taken some damage,but glad I took the waterproof option. 

Tshirt weather all round,but the underfoot issue took away quite a large part of the enjoyment. 

And the service charge of £1.80 for everything at the bar,cheeky bastards never got away with that for long with 16 guys from Aberdeen down :lol:

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Played the Carrick on Saturday,stunning location,nice course,but as was said by some on here,it was very wet underfoot. 

Tshirt weather all round,but the underfoot issue took away quite a large part of the enjoyment. 

And the service charge of £1.80 for everything at the bar,cheeky bastards never got away with that for long with 16 guys from Aberdeen down :lol:

You need to try and get back to it in the dry weather mate. I've played it a couple of times in the wet and it does become a bit of a slog at times. 

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Waders are a better option than golf shoes at this time of year.

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Anyone out this weekend. 

Weather was horrendous here today,had 4 seasons in one day and the links was reduced to 10 holes. 

Murcar tomorrow for a Texas though. 

Played this a couple of years back and was very impressed.  Imagine it will be cold today though? 

6 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Played this a couple of years back and was very impressed.  Imagine it will be cold today though? 

Surprisingly it wasn't. 

It was rather stunning,sun was out,very little wind until near the end. 

Went round in 62,less 1/8th of our combined handicap,so ended up with 57.875. 

Doubtful it will be enough for a top 5 prize,but you never know. 

20 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Surprisingly it wasn't. 

It was rather stunning,sun was out,very little wind until near the end. 

Went round in 62,less 1/8th of our combined handicap,so ended up with 57.875. 

Doubtful it will be enough for a top 5 prize,but you never know. 

Fourth place. 

£30 of vouchers I think it is. 

Decent first comp of the season. 

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Fourth place. 

£30 of vouchers I think it is. 

Decent first comp of the season. 

Good effort.

You must have tee'd off fairly early - i played yesterday afternoon and it was pretty windy.

We have a team in the Duff House Royal Scramble next Saturday.  Haven't played there for years so looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Good effort.

You must have tee'd off fairly early - i played yesterday afternoon and it was pretty windy.

We have a team in the Duff House Royal Scramble next Saturday.  Haven't played there for years so looking forward to it.

8:10 we were off. Wind was just picking up at 16,so that was pleasing :lol:

Absolutely howling wind at the kings links today. 

Struggled to reach par 4's in two for the front nine. 

At least the snow/rain/hailstones were brief visitors. 

Tried these out today,they were different,to say the least.

Never mind,can't insert the picture now  

http://m.rockbottomgolf.com/callaway-golf-2015-chrome-soft-truvis-golf-balls.html

Edited by dandydunn