Golfers Forum. - Page 21 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

It's a charity auction I shared on FB yesterday mate - here's the description

CHARITY AUCTION
FOR FOOTBALLAID.

Today I have great pleasure in posting a voucher for a Fourball of golf at the outstanding Archerfield Golf Links in East Lothian.
Please be aware that I will not let this go for less than advised and please look on their website for information as a single round for one person starts at £200!!!!
The course is stunning (Alan I'll have that fiver now) and the clubhouse simply magic.
Usual rules.. Don't bid if you've no intention of paying
Please share to as many golf friends you see fit.

http://www.archerfieldgolfclub.com/

REMEMBER... Christmas is just around the corner

Current bid £200....

Edited by Glasgowmancity

Discovered my old Mizuno TP-9 1 iron the other day (25 years old). After clearing the cob-webbs off, took it out for a hit yesterday for a laugh. Phuqqing hell, was nailing everything. Suffice to say, it now has a permanent place in the bag.

Anyone on here still use a 1 ?

I have a 2 iron. Good off the tee on a windy links. I think TP-9's are worth a bit of cash.......

Longest iron I carry is a 4. I jump from that to a 4 wood. Would probably make sense to get something inbetween.

Only have the 2 iron 'cos it's good off the tee (bizarrely as Byron Loon says above, I also used it a lot at Newburgh recently into the wind). I have a gap between rescue and 4 iron. Need to get a more lofted rescue.

On a separate issue I'm always amazed at the distances you see players hitting the ball when watching PGA. Not that I'm anywhere near those distances but I'm currently on hols in Caribbean and am hitting the ball about 10-15 yards further (about a club longer on average). Quite disconcerting at times and hard to trust.

On a separate issue I'm always amazed at the distances you see players hitting the ball when watching PGA. Not that I'm anywhere near those distances but I'm currently on hols in Caribbean and am hitting the ball about 10-15 yards further (about a club longer on average). Quite disconcerting at times and hard to trust.

It's all about the air that you're hitting it through.

Was similar at sun city.

Not for me though,I was hungover and shite. :lol:

I play alot of links courses through the winter mate. I also play in the northeast Alliance on a Wednesday so plenty links golf! Tell me is Ian Bratton no longer at Newburgh?? Anyone who asked me who was good at giving golf lessons i always told them to go to Ian...

Super win for knoxy today hes been knocking on the door for ages. Good chance of making Ryder cup now!!

Had to laugh at Marc Warrens tweet... Good see the Scots sorrounding the field today.. 1st and Last ?

I play alot of links courses through the winter mate. I also play in the northeast Alliance on a Wednesday so plenty links golf! Tell me is Ian Bratton no longer at Newburgh?? Anyone who asked me who was good at giving golf lessons i always told them to go to Ian...

Not sure about Bratton. Only played Newburgh as a one-off. I play a lot of links golf too over winter. Have also been known to play in the Alliance but pick my course and weather very carefully!

Russell Knox nearly won again on the PGA Tour there! Very unlucky. Bogied the last hole then lost in a playoff to Greame McDowell. Some second shot by g-mac in the playoff so fair play to him!

Knox is now top of the fed-ex standings!

• 1 month later...