Oops, Putin Wis Right All Along... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oops, Putin Wis Right All Along...

If we went to war with Russia I would go to Russia and enlist. I cant believe I just typed that but it is true.

It is no exaggeration to say the intelligence services are likely to be monitoring/sweeping for content of this nature on message boards.

A peaceful and legal means of resolving the current situation is, I'm sure you'll agree, the way forwards.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the crux of it. Along with the US and the rest of its 'allies' the UK represents part of the greatest threat to world stability and any hopes of wider peace.

Their willingness to displace millions of people and reduce countries to failed and violent states to Balkanize the middle east and then rapidly shift to doing the exact same thing in Ukraine was and is absolutely disgusting. They have zero interest in that suffering. They are like psychos unable to empathize or feel anything for the victims of their policies. It is not just the folk in the middle east who are utterly disposable to them but also the people of Europe. The fact that Britain is an eager partner in all of this is shameful.

Now I say I am too old but I recall reading that conscription applied to men up to age 50. Imagine getting called up to fight for this cause'. What then? Would you fight for your country if you believed the cause was in the service of evil? I am truly appalled at what the UK is involved in. And if things ever kick off big time rest assured we will be completely annihilated. Special relationship, yeajh right.

I keep some thoughts private for that very reason Mash it up.

Smart move.

It is an empty gesture as I am too old anyway. But I take your point.

I know you were only speaking hypothetically about a hypothetical situation.

Their willingness to displace millions of people and reduce countries to failed and violent states to Balkanize the middle east and then rapidly shift to doing the exact same thing in Ukraine was and is absolutely disgusting. They have zero interest in that suffering. They are like psychos unable to empathize or feel anything for the victims of their policies. It is not just the folk in the middle east who are utterly disposable to them but also the people of Europe. The fact that Britain is an eager partner in all of this is shameful.

Completely agree.

Now I say I am too old but I recall reading that conscription applied to men up to age 50. Imagine getting called up to fight for this cause'. What then? Would you fight for your country if you believed the cause was in the service of evil? I am truly appalled at what the UK is involved in. And if things ever kick off big time rest assured we will be completely annihilated. Special relationship, yeajh right.

Or your kids or friends kids being called up, or indoctrinated (I would argue radicalised) by the MMS, among other influences/mechanisms, and ready to sign up. Worrying times indeed.

We are too objectionable to accept conscription.

We aren't our grandfathers.

To an extent, global capitalism has killed bloody world wars (for the foreseeable future). There's too much money to be made to risk destroying your market. Much better to have high impact "proxy wars" and sell top end tech to the combatants. (Both of who you supply arms to), in exchange for oil.

J

We are too objectionable to accept conscription.

We aren't our grandfathers.

To an extent, global capitalism has killed bloody world wars (for the foreseeable future). There's too much money to be made to risk destroying your market. Much better to have high impact "proxy wars" and sell top end tech to the combatants. (Both of who you supply arms to), in exchange for oil.

J

That's assuming the endgame is purely based on maintaining the economic system in its current form. How about the sociopaths have decided it's run its course and requires a reset? There's a growing number of billionaire Doomsday bunkers, which exist for a reason. We may not only be too objectionable, but also too educated (questionable in some cases) and numerous.

That's assuming the endgame is purely based on maintaining the economic system in its current form. How about the sociopaths have decided it's run its course and requires a reset? There's a growing number of billionaire Doomsday bunkers, which exist for a reason. We may not only be too objectionable, but also too educated (questionable in some cases) and numerous.

There would definitely have to be some kind of survival game changer IMHO. Water or oil running out.

Fresh clean water is more likely as after oil there is always renewable. Renewable isn't used more as it would usurp the petrodollar.

J

There would definitely have to be some kind of survival game changer IMHO. Water or oil running out.

Fresh clean water is more likely as after oil there is always renewable. Renewable isn't used more as it would usurp the petrodollar.

J

I read recently that phytoplankton are responsible for half of the worlds oxygen production and that their numbers have halved since 1950. Consider the rest of the environmental devastation being inflicted. I'd say there's already a survival gamechanger in motion. It may make having an all-singing all-dancing bunker a moot point if there's insufficient breatheable atmosphere. F*ck me, I'm feeling depressed and need a coffee.

I read recently that phytoplankton are responsible for half of the worlds oxygen production and that their numbers have halved since 1950. Consider the rest of the environmental devastation being inflicted. I'd say there's already a survival gamechanger in motion. It may make having an all-singing all-dancing bunker a moot point if there's insufficient breatheable atmosphere. F*ck me, I'm feeling depressed and need a coffee.

Oxygen levels are measured every day by thousands of folk across the planet (I used to do it myself). Any significant change would be noticed immediately. We hear about CO2 levels all the time, but by comparison to oxygen levels, CO2 levels are measured by a tiny number of folk on a daily basis. If reducing phytoplankton by 50% over 60 years was going to have a significant impact on oxygen levels in the atmosphere, I think we would have noticed by now?

Oxygen levels are measured every day by thousands of folk across the planet (I used to do it myself). Any significant change would be noticed immediately. We hear about CO2 levels all the time, but by comparison to oxygen levels, CO2 levels are measured by a tiny number of folk on a daily basis. If reducing phytoplankton by 50% over 60 years was going to have a significant impact on oxygen levels in the atmosphere, I think we would have noticed by now?

My overall point was humankind have created an environmental catastrophe for many forms of life on the planet, the full impact of which is yet to be felt but which can be considered a survival gamechanger. The phytoplankton comment was more a thinking (typing?) out loud and joining of dots and wasn't the specific gamechanger. It's the overall picture that's important. I can't find a digital version of the piece I read on phytoplankton but there's a similar article here:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/phytoplankton-population/

The conclusion is the impact of this specific issue is unknown. However, the data here,

http://scrippso2.ucsd.edu

which I'm supposing uses the sort of sampling techniques you refer to shows a steady decline in atmospheric oxygen concentration over the last 25 years.

The not having enough breathable atmosphere was an off the cuff remark. In any case, increasing CO2 and decreasing O2 does not present a positive or improving picture for an atmosphere supportive of human life. There are other atmospheric issues I could raise but they'd pull this thread too far off topic, which is probably the case already.

Billionaire doomsday bunkers, running out of air, intelligence monitoring the TAMB, wow, this is really opening my eyes.

These are mere populist superficialities, compared to the juicy stuff, which I'm not sure you're ready for ;)

My overall point was humankind have created an environmental catastrophe for many forms of life on the planet, the full impact of which is yet to be felt but which can be considered a survival gamechanger. The phytoplankton comment was more a thinking (typing?) out loud and joining of dots and wasn't the specific gamechanger. It's the overall picture that's important. I can't find a digital version of the piece I read on phytoplankton but there's a similar article here:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/phytoplankton-population/

The conclusion is the impact of this specific issue is unknown. However, the data here,

http://scrippso2.ucsd.edu

which I'm supposing uses the sort of sampling techniques you refer to shows a steady decline in atmospheric oxygen concentration over the last 25 years.

The not having enough breathable atmosphere was an off the cuff remark. In any case, increasing CO2 and decreasing O2 does not present a positive or improving picture for an atmosphere supportive of human life. There are other atmospheric issues I could raise but they'd pull this thread too far off topic, which is probably the case already.

I was just trying to allay any fears and avoid mass world wide panic of folk worried about dying because of the oxygen running out. The numbers you mention are measured in parts per million and are near enough insignificant. At STP and at sea level the oxygen level is 21%. We can survive OK at levels down to 16% without noticing much difference and it's not going to fall that far any time soon.

I was just trying to allay any fears and avoid mass world wide panic of folk worried about dying because of the oxygen running out. The numbers you mention are measured in parts per million and are near enough insignificant. At STP and at sea level the oxygen level is 21%. We can survive OK at levels down to 16% without noticing much difference and it's not going to fall that far any time soon.

Phew, thanks for that. Panic averted.

Or your kids or friends kids being called up, or indoctrinated (I would argue radicalised) by the MMS, among other influences/mechanisms, and ready to sign up. Worrying times indeed.

As good an excuse as any not to buy your weans a smartphone

You may have overestimated the reach of this thread a bit.

Most folk wouldn't bat an eyelid if you told them O2 was tunning out. However, if Strictly Come Bake Got Talent X-Factor (I've no idea whether these are still going?) were cancelled without warning there'd be uproar.

You may have overestimated the reach of this thread a bit.

Most folk wouldn't bat an eyelid if you told them O2 was tunning out. However, if Strictly Come Bake Got Talent X-Factor (I've no idea whether these are still going?) were cancelled without warning there'd be uproar.

Aye, you're right. I seem to have wandered off a wee bit into my own wee world ( a world with more than enough oxygen :wink2: ).

Let's get back to Syria. The stuff you guys have been posting is very interesting and has certainly opened my eyes on a subject I know very little about. Keep up the good work. :ok:

Given the horrific atrocities committed by Daesh / ISIS even if we are supporting them only 10% (whatever 10% means) then what does it say about us. Eating lungs, burning people alive, burying them alive (you want to see the video folks?)

How does it feel to wake up to the realization that we are not the good guys but the bad guys.

If we went to war with Russia I would go to Russia and enlist. I cant believe I just typed that but it is true.

If people are only now realising that the UK are the s in all these situations then we are more ####ed than I thought. Im scared to say it but I really do think Putin is a great leader.