Oops, Putin Wis Right All Along... - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oops, Putin Wis Right All Along...

Interesting speech by Putin a few days ago....

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, has launched a stinging attack on US policy in the Middle East, accusing Washington of backing terrorism and playing a “double game”.

In a speech on Thursday at the annual gathering of the Valdai Club, a group of Russian and international analysts and politicians, Putin said the US had attempted to use terrorist groups as “a battering ram to overthrow regimes they don’t like”.

He said: “It’s always hard to play a double game – to declare a fight against terrorists but at the same time try to use some of them to move the pieces on the Middle Eastern chessboard in your own favour. There’s no need to play with words and split terrorists into moderate and not moderate. I would like to know what the difference is.”

On the sidelines of the Valdai Club conference, Russia’s ambassador to the UK, Alexander Yakovenko, said the “only logical way” to explain Britain’s behaviour in Iraq and Syria was a desire that Isis would depose Assad.

“The idea was to remove Assad using force, and to use force to seize Damascus. I don’t believe in conspiracy theories, but this is the only way to explain why de facto neither Britain nor the US has ever properly fought against Isis,” Yakovenko said.

He said with the number of airstrikes Britain had carried out in Iraq, “you could have destroyed the whole region”, but instead Isis had only grown in strength.

Putin is the one speaking truth here. Russia is the one acting with respect for international law and with honesty.

He also said something else which caught my eye. He was talking in the context of Assad & Syria but I get the feeling it was also for a wider audience... he never says anything by mistake.

He added: “Fifty years ago, the streets of Leningrad taught me that if a fight is inevitable, you have to hit first.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/vladimir-putin-accuses-us-backing-terrorism-middle-east

Edited by thplinth

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prosecutors in Lebanon have charged a Saudi prince and nine other people with drug smuggling, a week after a record seizure at Beirut's airport.

The prince was not named, but he and four other Saudis were arrested after two tonnes of Captagon pills were found in cases being loaded on a private jet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34700489

Captagon: the amphetamine fuelling Syria's civil war

http://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2014/jan/13/captagon-amphetamine-syria-war-middle-east

Prosecutors in Lebanon have charged a Saudi prince and nine other people with drug smuggling, a week after a record seizure at Beirut's airport.

The prince was not named, but he and four other Saudis were arrested after two tonnes of Captagon pills were found in cases being loaded on a private jet.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2014/jan/13/captagon-amphetamine-syria-war-middle-east

I, like many others, are less knowledgable than your good self on this issue. Where would the Saudi prince have been going with these amphetamines and who would be the intended customer?

(reply to Mox)

ISIS, it is their (the Saudis but not alone) mercenary army after all.

It (the mega drug use) also explains the intense atrocity level. These drugs dehumanize you with persistent and heavy use. Eating the hearts out of victims and the bizarre and ever increasing cruelty and the imagination to be ever more cruel when killing people suggest really heavy drug use to me.

ISIS is a mercenary army paid for and physically supported by allies of America. They maybe have just shot down a jet full of Russians making this a very nasty proxy war.

The whole time the Americans were fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan the Russians never supplied the Russian equivalent of stinger missiles to the Taliban like the Americans did to the 'Mujahideen' (spelling?).

So what if they decided to break that convention?

Edited by thplinth

Has it occurred to anyone that ex-KGB man Putin would be quite willing to have a Russian passenger jet shot down or blown up in order to justify a full-on, boots on the ground war in Syria to properly see off opponents of Assad?

Oh you mean like a false flag attack, like 911? But you you hate that false flag conspiracy theory bullshit no?

Oh you mean like a false flag attack, like 911? But you you hate that false flag conspiracy theory bullshit no?

Hell of a difference between bringing down two buildings in New York to a single aircraft in the desert don't you think? Putin wants, and needs, a viable excuse to go gung-ho into Syria - air strikes are effective, but the only way to ensure you annihilate an enemy is with boots on the ground. He now has his excuse and all I'm saying is that it's convenient.

Has it occurred to anyone that ex-KGB man Putin would be quite willing to have a Russian passenger jet shot down or blown up in order to justify a full-on, boots on the ground war in Syria to properly see off opponents of Assad?

No.

I dont think Putin gives a toss what people think, if he wanted to wipe out ISIS and Assads opponents he would.

Hell of a difference between bringing down two buildings in New York to a single aircraft in the desert don't you think?

So now you accept the practice of 'false flag terrorism' but only find it disbelieveable when it comes to the scale of it (edit:or more truthfully the source of it)?

Look up Operation Northwoods (I think it was). This was 50 years ago man!

Edited by thplinth

So now you accept the practice of 'false flag terrorism' but only find it disbelieveable when it comes to the scale of it (edit:or more truthfully the source of it)?

Not what I said. No, I don't believe for one second that 9/11 was one of these 'false flag' thingies. It is simply not possible to keep a secret between the very many people who would have to have been involved. A single passenger jet brought down miles from anywhere though? Infinitely more believable.

Not what I said. No, I don't believe for one second that 9/11 was one of these 'false flag' thingies. It is simply not possible to keep a secret between the very many people who would have to have been involved. A single passenger jet brought down miles from anywhere though? Infinitely more believable.

RAF? you a pilot, Stevie?

So how many were involved?

What a strange question. Obviously I wouldn't know, but it's equally obvious that hundreds, maybe thousands would have had to have been in on it.

"...it's equally obvious that hundreds, maybe thousands would have had to have been in on it."

How do you know this Stevie?

Edited by thplinth

Come on now my good man, it's us you're talking to and you're asking us if we've considered the possibility of a false flag operation :D

Interesting shit. !!

• 6 years later...