Masters Of The Air - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Masters Of The Air

Don't see any mention of the Gervais knt. Hopefully that part of it isn't true. There are millions of actors better suited to something as potentially brilliant coming from such a thoroughly brilliant bunch of producers etc.

Thanks for this.

Really enjoyed BoB and the Pacific. The Pacific was definitely a grower though.

J

I thought BofB was absolutely amazing, I've watched it through 3 times now. The Pacific I lost interest in after 2 and a half episodes, do I need to go back to it and persevere??

ditto BoB was excellent ; Pacific bit tougher to like

kind of saving private ryan v thin red line ; theatre wise and blockbuster versus deep stuff

am still waiting for a ww1 version of quality

best i have seen is bbc version of birdsong - and an aussie film (i think) under hill 60 about tunnelling ops

Following on from the greatest TV series ever - Band of Brothers - and The Pacific (the last couple of episodes were great) comes the third in the series. Filming now, and starring Ricky Gervais.

http://reelbrief.com/exclusive-update-on-hbos-masters-of-the-air-wwii-miniseries/

I was crying with laughter at this...

I read it and literally my first thought was: "Bzzz will not be amused" then he is first reply. Reading on chuckling i saw the 2nd Bzzz post 3 minutes later, and in my mind I had a scenario of a raging Bzzz googling frantically for 3 minutes while expletives leaked out of him at an increasing rate. Shaking at the outrage of Ricky Gervais "wrecking" the series.

I was crying with laughter at this...

I read it and literally my first thought was: "Bzzz will not be amused" then he is first reply. Reading on chuckling i saw the 2nd Bzzz post 3 minutes later, and in my mind I had a scenario of a raging Bzzz googling frantically for 3 minutes while expletives leaked out of him at an increasing rate. Shaking at the outrage of Ricky Gervais "wrecking" the series.

Tbh I was too excited at the thought of a HBoS production of WWII flyers!