Next Motherwell Manager - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Motherwell Manager

They still gonna call him a peado?

Exactly the disgusting abuse I was talking about. Bang out of order. Sure he would have expected some stick but that was way way too far. Never seen a man look so taken aback as that day at Pittodrie.

Edited by Och Aye

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the disgusting abuse I was talking about. Bang out of order. Sure he would have expected some stick but that was way way too far. Never seen a man look so taken aback as that day at Pittodrie.

Would he have heard it?

Anyway, he's at fir park just now, so we'll all need to forgive and forget!

Does it matter if he heard it?

Not really, I'm sure being a bit older and wiser most of those that sang it would be embarrassed now?

(My question was relating to his apparent reaction to it, not a defence of it being sung, which was of course way OTT)

Would he have heard it?

Anyway, he's at fir park just now, so we'll all need to forgive and forget!

It was crystal clear by his reaction he heard it, that and him speaking about it after the game being a bit of a giveaway.

As I said earlier he went on to thank Motherwell fans for the messages of support (including apologies for the chants albeit probably not from those responsible) that he received after the said incident.

Anyway as you say forgive and forget.

Onwards and upwards for the Mighty Well.

Not really, I'm sure being a bit older and wiser most of those that sang it would be embarrassed now?

(My question was relating to his apparent reaction to it, not a defence of it being sung, which was of course way OTT)

You'd like to think folk get wiser as they get older but I think Rossy's post just after yours gives the lie to that thought. :lol:

Seems a strange thing to make up...

I don't remember the story.

We play Aberdeen away a week on Saturday, so I'd imagine he'll get a hot reception.

Mark McGhee is a strange man. A fecking shite manager as well. So, emm, enjoy your trip to Greenock and Dumbarton next year :ok:

Seems a strange thing to make up...

I don't remember the story.

Was after the Raith Rovers replay at Pittodrie.

He claimed he was spat on by someone in the Main Stand walking down the track after the game.

Jim Spence walked next to him and stated he didn't witness anything like that.

And then of course, there was the newspaper interview he gave after his sacking outside some sex shop.

GS has done McGhee a massive favour by effectively rehabilitating him after the Aberdeen job. I was convinced he would never get another managerial post after that farce, considered him unemployable.

Maybe he will prove me wrong but I think this will end very badly once again and after that he will be back to where he was post Aberdeen.

That weird interview is indeed very weird.