Next Motherwell Manager - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Motherwell Manager

Interesting read, I'm warming to him already!

:lol:

It sounds like he inherited a bit of an awkward "dressing room" (I ####in' hate that expression!) at Aberdeen, resistant to change and uncooperative. Unfortunately I feel he might have walked into a similar squad of players at Motherwell?

At least theirs nice folk at fir park though! :P

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark McGhee or John Collins, who wins in the inflated ego stakes?

Both had pretty successful playing careers, not many in the current Scotland squad could compare, in fact only Darren Fletcher off the top of my head.

Perhaps they have the right ideas, but put them across in a poor manner?

Both had pretty successful playing careers, not many in the current Scotland squad could compare, in fact only Darren Fletcher off the top of my head.

Perhaps they have the right ideas, but put them across in a poor manner?

Or perhaps they are examples that being good with a ball means feck all in terms of being a good coach/manager.

Or perhaps they are examples that being good with a ball means feck all in terms of being a good coach/manager.

That is definitely true aswell!

A lot of ordinary players have been good managers, and some great players complete flops.

It does surprise me how little some players seem to know (or care) about the game, despite this, they like to build up the myth that you can't understand unless you've played the game.

I think McGhee (and Collins) have good ideas, and any Motherwell fan will tell you, he had the fittest Motherwell team their has ever been. Even Steven McGarry and Jim Patterson looked like athletes.

8-1 against Sigma

Was offered the Dons job...hummed and hawed for a week, while openly prostituting himself for the Celtic job. Then accepts the Aberdeen job and tells Aberdeen fans that the Celtic job is bigger and that he really should have got it.

F*cks off on holiday, comes back with a European tie next up and with no clue about the players, tactics, set-up etc. Plays Darren Young at right-back and we duly and deservedly get humped.

Signs Jerel Ifil on the back on 45 minutes of a friendly against Hull (which we won and turned out to be the high point of McGhee's tenure).

Employed Scott Leitch.

Makes rat-faced weegie scumbag Mark Kerr club captain. Jesus wept.

Lies about the fans abusing him, it's never his fault, I did nothing wrong, blah blah etc.

Knocked out of the the cup at home by Raith Rovers.

Statistically, the worst Aberdeen manager ever. Made Alex Miller look like Alex Ferguson.

Did I mention our club record defeat ? No ? Well, there's our club record defeat...after which he dismissed it as just another 3 points, and refused to resign. Add coward to his list of khuntyness.

I'm sure there's more, I'll post again when I calm down.

Khunt.

Edited by Rossy

Was offered the Dons job...hummed and hawed for a week, while openly prostituting himself for the Celtic job. Then accepts the Aberdeen job and tells Aberdeen fans that the Celtic job is bigger and that he really should have got it.

F*cks off on holiday, comes back with a European tie next up and with no clue about the players, tactics, set-up etc. Plays Darren Young at right-back and we duly and deservedly get humped.

Signs Jerel Ifil on the back on 45 minutes of a friendly against Hull (which we won and turned out to be the high point of McGhee's tenure).

Employed Scott Leitch.

Makes rat-faced weegie scumbag Mark Kerr club captain. Jesus wept.

Lies about the fans abusing him, it's never his fault, I did nothing wrong, blah blah etc.

Knocked out of the the cup at home by Raith Rovers.

Statistically, the worst Aberdeen manager ever. Made Alex Miller look like Alex Ferguson.

Did I mention our club record defeat ? No ? Well, there's our club record defeat...after which he dismissed it as just another 3 points, and refused to resign. Add coward to his list of khuntyness.

I'm sure there's more, I'll post again when I calm down.

Khunt.

I really hope that edit was just so you could add the "khunt" at the end! :lol:

GS has done McGhee a massive favour by effectively rehabilitating him after the Aberdeen job. I was convinced he would never get another managerial post after that farce, considered him unemployable.

Good point.

Compare McGhee with Jimmy Calderwood.....a decent bloke who had a fairly good record at Aberdeen but who has unfairly been touted as a 'failure' because of a few high-profile cup losses over a number of years.

Jimmy had his quirks and foibles, but he wasn't the lying, cheating, arrogant dick that McGhee is.

Good point.

Compare McGhee with Jimmy Calderwood.....a decent bloke who had a fairly good record at Aberdeen but who has unfairly been touted as a 'failure' because of a few high-profile cup losses over a number of years.

Jimmy had his quirks and foibles, but he wasn't the lying, cheating, arrogant dick that McGhee is.

"Aberdeen fan in shock backing of Jimmy Calderwood as replacement for Derek McInnes"

McGhees comments about an Ian Murray challenge on Fyvie were hilarious, apparently you're not allowed to tackle 17 year olds

No, it was the fact that Fyvie was obviously injured and Murray (as big a khunt as McGhee) tried to act the hard-man and drag him off the park.

if he was obviously injured the ref would have stopped the game

Unlike you, I was there. Murray got the ball in the tackle and it went out for a throw-in.....Fyvie lay injured on the touchline and Murray tried to drag him off,

The game was stopped because Fyvie had to be carried off, and was out for almost 2 months.

Unlike you, I was there. Murray got the ball in the tackle and it went out for a throw-in.....Fyvie lay injured on the touchline and Murray tried to drag him off, I was there and its up to the ref to stop the game. Any mouthing should have been directed at the officials

The game was stopped because Fyvie had to be carried off, and was out for almost 2 months.

nothing to do with Murray it wasn't a foul

That's true.

Although on a side note, the referee that day...who had completely lost control of the game...never officiated at a top level game again.

It was one of the few things that McGhee (inadvertantly) got right.