League Cup Ties - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Ties

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that was poor.

The equaliser just meant another half hour of watching that shite!

It was our 1st shot on target as far as I remember.

Barraclough took a massive gamble rotating the squad for this one, but it was the same ahite, different players.

The boy Alex Samuel tore McManus apart. Great game.

Didn't have a great view of the handbags, it appeared to be a Morton steward fighting with a Motherwell fan (or fans), I'm presuming he's waded in to get the boy that went on the pitch at the equaliser? Conveniently coincided with all the police from ibrox knocking off, there were more police than Motherwell fans appeared, stopping the game was a massive over reaction, and I didn't see any arrests.

Storm in a tea cup.

Edited by sbcmfc

We were defensively naive tonight (not for the first time this season) and basically any half-decent team that has the capability to sit in, defend well and play a long ball over the top can score against us. St Johnstone got it tactically correct tonight and deserved the win and it was just a shame that Danny Wilson chose tonight to be the night when he turned into Efe Ambrose. We had to lose eventually i suppose and it will be interesting to see how we react against a buoyant Morton on Sunday.

It was nice to see us continue with our principles and not simply lump it into the box though, even when losing. That will be good for the players in the long run.

We were defensively naive tonight (not for the first time this season) and basically any half-decent team that has the capability to sit in, defend well and play a long ball over the top can score against us. St Johnstone got it tactically correct tonight and deserved the win and it was just a shame that Danny Wilson chose tonight to be the night when he turned into Efe Ambrose. We had to lose eventually i suppose and it will be interesting to see how we react against a buoyant Morton on Sunday.

It was nice to see us continue with our principles and not simply lump it into the box though, even when losing. That will be good for the players in the long run.

Gracious as always Wolfie. Good post!