Sunday Telegraph - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sunday Telegraph

I joined the army in the 80's not to fight for Queen and country, but because there where no jobs when I left school.

My section was like most others in the British army, it was made up of working class guys, doing a job, and we did the job, not out of some outdated Victorian idea of patriotism and loyalty to the flag, but out of straight forward economic need.

When we fought, we fought for each other, not for a flag, we fought so Ram would get home to see his daughter, so Cunnie could pay for his wedding, so Manxie could get his cosworth, so Yorkie could get the chance to pop his cherrie, so me, beef and Nige, could go to the Naffi every night, and get rat ersed, and when we picked bits of Billy out of a tree in south Armagh, we fought for revenge, not for Queen and country.

Very well put

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what guys like Lieutenant Commander Colin May would say. Announced as a yes supporter today having left the Navy on Friday (couldn't comment previously due to regs).

I know many Royal Navy colleagues who would be delighted to serve in Scottish Defence Forces.

In the same article, former UK ambassador to Georgia, Donald MacLaren, confirms he's a yes voter and condemns the UK's priority of desperately clinging to a seat at the top table. Similarly to Lt. Cmdr. May, he says

I tell you, there are plenty of Scots and non-Scots in the Foreign Office and in every other branch of government who are ready to swap shaughly Union decision-making for the creativeness and vigour of real responsibility within a Scotland making its way in the world

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/politics/referendum-news/big-guns-of-uk-state-fire-in-to-back-a-yes-vote.25314700

Edited by biffer

BxcRySrIYAAo_m6.png

Iam sorry but that is an absolute disgrace had a good friend died fighting in an illegal war..

Was a proud Scot who was always a YES man..

That head line is immoral and personally makes me feel sick.

Cant imagine who his family feel......................

DISGUSTED THAT A RESPECTED PAPER COULD PRINT THAT..................

Iam sorry but that is an absolute disgrace had a good friend died fighting in an illegal war..

Was a proud Scot who was always a YES man..

That head line is immoral and personally makes me feel sick.

Cant imagine who his family feel......................

DISGUSTED THAT A RESPECTED PAPER COULD PRINT THAT..................

I think that is what disgusts me the most. That many of the dead would have been big YES men and they are now being used to promote a No, men who died for their country fukked over for a cheap boost at the polls. it is repulsive behaviour.

I think that is what disgusts me the most. That many of the dead would have been big YES men and they are now being used to promote a No, men who died for their country fukked over for a cheap boost at the polls. it is repulsive behaviour.

i HAVE ONLY JUST SEEN THIS ON HERE AND IAM FU*KING FUMING...

Had a great pal give his life that shite total disgrace..

To lower yourself to that level is beyond common decency.