Aberdeen V Hamilton - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen V Hamilton

Pretty massive game at Pittodrie tonight really.

Interesting to see how it pans out given the respective results at the weekend.

Not sure what to expect in terms of crowd and atmosphere, McInnes' media comments may suggest they are not expecting a big crowd this evening.

Although obviously, the away crowd being down 2,122 from Saturday wont help matters in terms of atmosphere.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute nonsensense TJ ha ha, you wouldnt take a draw after saturday, either would i and either would Derek Mcinnes.

More importantly i dont think the players would either, i just think there is something more about us just now.

Tin hat at ready if it goes breasts up :wink2:

Doubt there is any other ground in Scotland (outwith the Old Firm) that Accies have as bad a record

Absolutely rotten

However i hope the few brave souls that make the long Tuesday night journey are surprised

Saturday's gubbing against St Johnstone was mainly down to Accies being sucked in and then caught on the break so they might play a bit deeper themselves tonight and hit Aberdeen on the counter

Would like to see the sheep's faces shut right up but cant see it being tonight. More concerned at whether Canning can gets the tactics right and a reaction

I'd expect even Hamilton fans to want an Aberdeen victory tonight.

I'd expect they want their team to win and rightly so.

Guys like Ally Bear crack me up though. Finally someone is challenging Celtic and he wants them to fvck it up because he obviously feels they're getting too big for their boots, or some pish like that. He'd rather the same dull monotony of Celtic winning continued. It's an attitude that puzzles me.

Guys like Ally Bear crack me up though. Finally someone is challenging Celtic and he wants them to fvck it up because he obviously feels they're getting too big for their boots, or some pish like that. He'd rather the same dull monotony of Celtic winning continued. It's an attitude that puzzles me.

I wouldn't say that. I think if you were playing Saints for example tonight surely he'd want a Dons win. I'll be hoping for Dons wins all season now except against my team where I'd hope Saints shut up a few sheep. Lol Edited by Ormond

I wouldn't say that. I think if you were playing Saints for example tonight surely he'd want a Dons win. I'll be hoping for Dons wins all season now except against my team where I'd hope Saints shut up a few sheep. Lol

That's not how his post reads. He wants "sheeps faces shut up". Doesn't say he specifically wants his team to do it, just that he wants it to happen.

That's his prerogative. It's just an attitude that puzzles me. If it were any other team at the top of the league and who had just beaten Celtic, i'd be cheering them on. Regardless of whether i thought some of their fans were getting cocky or not.

That's not how his post reads. He wants "sheeps faces shut up". Doesn't say he specifically wants his team to do it, just that he wants it to happen.

That's his prerogative. It's just an attitude that puzzles me. If it were any other team at the top of the league and who had just beaten Celtic, i'd be cheering them on. Regardless of whether i thought some of their fans were getting cocky or not.

When it comes to unbearable fans Aberdeen are a close third behind the Old Firm

And nobody - i repeat nobody - has made more derogatory comments about Accies on here than Aberdeen fans have

You should maybe therefore have taken that into consideration as to why i want "their faces shut" and not that id rather see Celtic winning the league over them

Had absolutely fuk all to do with it

Bad feeling about tonight.

The next important point in our season is the point when we eventually lose points, and how we react to it,

Your only danger is if Accies score first

If Aberdeen score first then im almost sure damage limitation (rightly or wrongly) will be in the minds of the Accies players after the weekend not to mention previous pumpings at Pittodrie

Your only danger is if Accies score first

If Aberdeen score first then im almost sure damage limitation (rightly or wrongly) will be in the minds of the Accies players after the weekend not to mention previous pumpings at Pittodrie

Out of the 11 goals that we've scored in the league so far, 9 of them have come in the 2nd half.

We seem to be very much a team that ups our game after half-time. That's been important to our season so far.

Out of the 11 goals that we've scored in the league so far, 9 of them have come in the 2nd half.

We seem to be very much a team that ups our game after half-time. That's been important to our season so far.

Wasn't it the other way last season when you went on on a 12 match run ?

Early 1 or 2 goals then no more.

You made a decent start last season ( not as good as this one obviously) but if a fading memory serves me right, around the same time as this you were 2-0 at home against a p1ss poor St Mirren side but only managed a 2-2 draw, ( ironically Kenny McLean getting the equalizer) if you are to have any hope of challenging Celtic this season you can't afford slip ups like that.

You made a decent start last season ( not as good as this one obviously) but if a fading memory serves me right, around the same time as this you were 2-0 at home against a p1ss poor St Mirren side but only managed a 2-2 draw, ( ironically Kenny McLean getting the equalizer) if you are to have any hope of challenging Celtic this season you can't afford slip ups like that.

Every team slips up at some point. It's impossible not to.

It's how you recover from the slip ups that's important. If Celtic lose to someone like Hamilton, they'll end up winning the next 4 games.

That's what Aberdeen (or anyone else) have to aspire to.

When it comes to unbearable fans Aberdeen are a close third behind the Old Firm

And nobody - i repeat nobody - has made more derogatory comments about Accies on here than Aberdeen fans have

You should maybe therefore have taken that into consideration as to why i want "their faces shut" and not that id rather see Celtic winning the league over them

Had absolutely fuk all to do with it

Some Aberdeen fans slagged off Accies on an Internet forum. Cool story.

Going by your logic I should want Accies to go down because of your comments about Aberdeen.