Aberdeen Vs Celtic - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Celtic

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he kicked the ball,not his head,it was a fair whack,so far play to the player for getting up after such a vicious assault.

It's also interesting how there has been very little talk in Browns over the ball lunge.

Pretty sure he went for the ball, hitting his head with his leg in the attempt, showing no concern for the safety of his opponent.

Didn't see Brown's lunge, only watched short highlights. Bad was it? I'm not surprised.

Didn't see Brown's lunge, only watched short highlights. Bad was it? I'm not surprised.

The BBC website highlights were utterly shite. They completely omitted:

1. Considine's free header from 7 yards which he headed over

2. Considine trying to control the ball 5 yards out, when if he'd hit it first time he had an open goal

3. McLean missing the ball with an attempted header from 6 yards.

I thought when watching them that they just wanted to make Celtic look better/aberdeen look worse.

I realise i sound like a paranoid Tim but they seemed like really bizarre highlights to omit.

2. Considine trying to control the ball 5 yards out, when if he'd hit it first time he had an open goal

I thought when watching them that they just wanted to make Celtic look better/aberdeen look worse.

I realise i sound like a paranoid Tim but they seemed like really bizarre highlights to omit.

MOPE......

Michty - you have a bit of a hard on for calling people mental! Do let me know which parts you don't think are correct - if you happen to get time between calling people mentalists.

Or actually, let me just have a quick stab:

Considine should have been sent off and banned for two years as Griffiths was about to score a hat trick in that one move

Mulgrew incident was never a pen as he has big arms and it's not his fault - giving the penalty would have been unprovoked armism.

Never a pen to Aberdeen as Boyata clearly got the ball and Shinnie obviously dived and should be banned for cheating

Hayes sending off was correct and he should be imprisoned for life (attempted murder)

McLean was a red and he should be imprisoned for life (attempted murder) and hung

Brown was just unfortunate to have missed the ball as it slid right under his foot when his foot was half way up Jacks shin

Bitton should get a free kick whenever anyone goes anywhere near him because he is tall and due to the laws of physics he might fall over and hurt himself

You agree regarding Craig Gordon not being solely at fault.

ETA - Good luck on Thursday - you will need it.

Do I? I cannot think of a single person I have called either 'mental' or a 'mentalist' (including you). I may have described someone's opinion or view as mental but that's not quite the same I am sure you will agree.

As for my views on each incident, I will give my opinion when I get home if that's okay however they won't vary too much from your extremely funny and accurate impression so it may actually save me some time typing them out.

Do I? I cannot think of a single person I have called either 'mental' or a 'mentalist' (including you). I may have described someone's opinion or view as mental but that's not quite the same I am sure you will agree.

As for my views on each incident, I will give my opinion when I get home if that's okay however they won't vary too much from your extremely funny and accurate impression so it may actually save me some time typing them out.

Good man - glad you see the funny side.

Right lets give this a go...

Celtic Pen - yes a pen, there would probably have been a goal scoring opportunity but don't think you can say obvious. This is one of those that's probably a red after 80 mins but never after 15 mins. Ref got it right.

Considine should have been sent off and banned for two years as Griffiths was about to score a hat trick in that one move

It was a penalty and a red card. It was a red card in the 15th minute, in the 34th minute and also a red card in the 80th minute. I am not convinced Griffiths would have scored as we are very wasteful but it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. No Griffiths would not have scored a hat trick in that one move but going by your 15 minute/80 minute red card conclusion I understand why you may think that. A one match ban would also be sufficient punishment.

Mulgrew Handball - stonewaller. Deliberate handball in that he made no attempt to move and completely misjudged it. And pro player with "coordination" knows that's hitting his arm.

Mulgrew incident was never a pen as he has big arms and it's not his fault - giving the penalty would have been unprovoked armism

In my opinion it was a penalty. The intentional v unintentional argument has created so much confusion around what was previously quite a straight forward rule. The size of his arms are not really important to me.

Aberdeen pen - stonewaller. Boyota was stupid - this was by no means his only demonstration of his stupidity. He isn't very good.

Never a pen to Aberdeen as Boyata clearly got the ball and Shinnie obviously dived and should be banned for cheating

Penalty. Boyata bundled him over as he is rather clumsy in the tackle. At the time I thought it looked soft but on replay Shinnie knew exactly what he was doing to draw the foul. Boyata did not get the ball and I have no reason to ban Shinnie.

So that covers the penalties. I think that all three were penalties and the ref should have sent off Considine. The fact that you use 'stonewall' to describe Aberdeens two but not Celtics shows a degree of delusion.

Hayes red - Lustig got Hayes sent off. Never a red.

Hayes sending off was correct and he should be imprisoned for life (attempted murder)

Its a red card. He was not in control of the tackle and I am not sure what you were expecting Lustig to do? He can have a few extra games added on for crying like a little bitch instead of leaving the park but no need for jail time.

McLean - Lustig lies on ball - it's there to be won. Was McLean just meant to just hang about until Lustig gets his bambi on ice act together? As a rule, never fall on the ball - you will get kicked to feck - and rightly so, it's cheating!

McLean was a red and he should be imprisoned for life (attempted murder) and hung

regardless of your rewriting of the rule book, you cannot just kick someone if they are in the way. Not a red card by any stretch of the imagination and also no need for imprisonment. I am also against the death penalty so it's more of a moral issue than anything else.

Brown assault - over the top challenge, why wasn't there more of this against Georgia and Germany?

Brown was just unfortunate to have missed the ball as it slid right under his foot when his foot was half way up Jacks shin

Brown once again tries the hard man tackle to show that he is controlling the game and fecks it up completely. His intention was to go in hard, mistimed it and I would have had no issue with him being sent off. It was not unfortunate, it is systematic of the way he has started the season.

The free kick given to Bitton that led to the first goal - absolute joke.

Bitton should get a free kick whenever anyone goes anywhere near him because he is tall and due to the laws of physics he might fall over and hurt himself

I have honestly no idea what you are talking about. Is that the free kick on the half way line, that got passed about a bit under no pressure from Aberdeen, then played back into our half to Mulgrew, who strolled about a bit unchallenged and then launched a 40 yard pass. Yeah that free kick was your undoing....

The criticism now being levelled at Craig Gordon - unbelievable. He is easily Celtics best player - by a distance. The free kick for the winner stalled in the wind, if Gordon had come for that, he'd have been stuck under it and bundled into the net with the ball. The fault firmly lies with the Celtic outfield players for not dealing with it. I think if the lad Blackett had a heart, he'd have won that header easily.

You agree regarding Craig Gordon not being solely at fault.

Gordon has been a fantastic bit of business by Celtic and has saved us many many more times than he has cost us. However he should not be immune from criticism. That is three times in as many weeks that players have scored from set plays inside the 6 yard box. I detest zonal marking, especially with our team at the moment but a keeper should be clearing out everything in his 6 year box, the ball, attackers, defenders the full shooting match. Gordon has been rooted to his line and it has cost us. He is not the only one at fault, I doubt anyone is saying that, but I expect more from him on those crosses.

ETA - Good luck on Thursday - you will need it.

Me? Thank you for your kind thoughts but I should be okay. I have had plenty of interviews in my career so fingers crossed.

Pretty sure he went for the ball, hitting his head with his leg in the attempt, showing no concern for the safety of his opponent.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9991203/tale-of-two-tackles

So basically, we agree on 3 of the incidents, split on , you disagree with 1 (and you're the first person I've heard, notwithstanding Andy W@nker, that thinks it was a red) and you didn't even notice the other. But in any event, I'm delusional because I didn't put the word "stonewaller" in front of my reference to Celtics pen. Fair do's, it was a stonewaller!!!!

I think two of the incidents come down to Lustig rolling round like he'd been shot. If Jack had done the same following the Brown "tackle" (which incidentally, I think you've called correctly), that would also be a huge talking point. But he didn't and it isn't.

Anyway, I find myself having had a few more beers after yet another Aberdeen win, this title challenge thing isn't healthy.

Good luck with the interview - remember to ask some good questions.

The incident with Lustig getting kicked whilst cuddling the ball reminded me of the Alex Rae one in the CL a good few years ago.

In that case the ref called it right and gave the free kick to Rangers only for UEFA to ban Rae for 6 games iirc. Total misinterpretation of the rules by the governing body.

It's dangerous play to lie on the ball and make no attempt to get up, especially when you are deliberately putting your body in the way as Lustig did.

It should have been a free kick to Aberdeen and Lustig could have been booked for deliberate foul play.

That's what the rule book says.

Sadly our game is now run by a bunch of softies and physical play is apparently frowned upon. Lustig needs to man up a bit. No wonder he's injured for so many games when he reacts like he did to a couple of wee taps.

BBC highlights were cr@p. Id like to have seen Gordon's save in the first half again, think from Rooney. I know the offside decision was given after the save but no one knew that at the time he made the save. From where we were in the Upper Dickie it looked some save.

Also wanted to see Considine playing in Celtic with poor pass back after about 30 seconds, really wonder what he was thinking with that?

BBC highlights were cr@p. Id like to have seen Gordon's save in the first half again, think from Rooney. I know the offside decision was given after the save but no one knew that at the time he made the save. From where we were in the Upper Dickie it looked some save.

Also wanted to see Considine playing in Celtic with poor pass back after about 30 seconds, really wonder what he was thinking with that?

It was McLean that Gordon made the save from and it was indeed a fantastic save.

No idea what Considine was thinking. He had a horror show all day, but redeemed himself in the last 2 minutes when he cleared off the line :lol:

It was McLean that Gordon made the save from and it was indeed a fantastic save.

No idea what Considine was thinking. He had a horror show all day, but redeemed himself in the last 2 minutes when he cleared off the line :lol:

One of the loudest cheers of the day, celebrated like a goal! :-)

This sets a dangerous precedent. If someone tackles you, the SFA has now acknowledged that if you roll around in the ground screaming like you've been shot, the man who won the ball will be red carded and banned for two games, irrespective of any appeal.

Open season for cheats.

This sets a dangerous precedent. If someone tackles you, the SFA has now acknowledged that if you roll around in the ground screaming like you've been shot, the man who won the ball will be red carded and banned for two games, irrespective of any appeal.

Open season for cheats.

With the obvious caveats of which teams are involved in any such incidents.