Aberdeen Vs Celtic - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Celtic

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having actually seen all the incidents now...

Celtic penalty: stick on red card, ref shat it, textbook example of a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Mulgrew handball: penalty, pretty clear cut I thought, he misjudges the bounce and handles it.

Aberdeen penalty: on the soft side, but needless and clumsy by boyata, if it's not for the mulgrew handball your never getting that v Celtic (despite what brain of Britain Leigh Griffiths thinks), but that's a foul anywhere else on the park, so it's a penalty.

Hayes red: can see why he's sent him off, but think the balls there to be won, and it's an honest attempt. Looked worse than it actually was. If I'm a Celtic fan I'm screaming red, Aberdeen fan, I think it's harsh.

McLean kick: seen red cards for less, lustig made a meal of it, but it was a stupid thing to do.

Celtic penalty: stick on red card, ref shat it, textbook example of a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Mulgrew handball: penalty, pretty clear cut I thought, he misjudges the bounce and handles it.

Aberdeen penalty: on the soft side, but needless and clumsy by boyata, if it's not for the mulgrew handball your never getting that v Celtic (despite what brain of Britain Leigh Griffiths thinks), but that's a foul anywhere else on the park, so it's a penalty.

Hayes red: can see why he's sent him off, but think the balls there to be won, and it's an honest attempt. Looked worse than it actually was. If I'm a Celtic fan I'm screaming red, Aberdeen fan, I think it's harsh.

McLean kick: seen red cards for less, lustig made a meal of it, but it was a stupid thing to do.

Agree with all of this.

Referee was useless. Every major decision wrong but lucky for him they kind of evened out.

Celtic's defence for the final goal was an utter shambles. Brown at the back post would have been as well nodding it in himself.

No probs with any of that.

What was your view on Browns 'tackle' on Jack earlier in the game?

There was a video i saw on Twitter yesterday from Sky Sports News. It was Dermott Gallagher talking about the decisions in the game. He was of the view that Brown was reckless and should've been booked. Whereas he said that Hayes should also have been booked. He felt it was a hard tackle but that Hayes was always in control and indeed only actually made contact with Lustig with his knee, as he pulled his boots away from it.

But sellick were pure cheated byraway.

There was a video i saw on Twitter yesterday from Sky Sports News. It was Dermott Gallagher talking about the decisions in the game. He was of the view that Brown was reckless and should've been booked. Whereas he said that Hayes should also have been booked. He felt it was a hard tackle but that Hayes was always in control and indeed only actually made contact with Lustig with his knee, as he pulled his boots away from it.

But sellick were pure cheated byraway.

The Celtic player (Lustig?) made a meal of it which I think influenced the ref.

Definitely not the refs finest hour.

Also disproves Griffiths whine as the crowd and the Aberdeen team were on the ref right away but he still sent the boy off, incorrectly.

Given Lustig's over the top reaction, it's hard to blame the referee for (incorrectly) sending Hayes off. I thought it was a red card at the time, and I thought that Lustig's leg had been shattered into 20 different pieces.

I don't believe though that it'll be overturned...I think there's probably enough gray area for the SFA to back Thompson up

I wonder if appealing the "red" is an error. Ok, Hayes plays tonight, but if it isn't overturned (which it absolutely should be) then he misses Hearts away on Sat and god knows whatever else such a bullsh1t decision would determine. This isn't meant to be in any way disrespectful to Accies, Hayes is a very effective player for us when away from home.

Not sure I agree with the comments above regarding the decisions (admittedly, as I'm still wearing my red tinted specs).

Celtic Pen - yes a pen, there would probably have been a goal scoring opportunity but don't think you can say obvious. This is one of those that's probably a red after 80 mins but never after 15 mins. Ref got it right.

Mulgrew Handball - stonewaller. Deliberate handball in that he made no attempt to move and completely misjudged it. And pro player with "coordination" knows that's hitting his arm.

Aberdeen pen - stonewaller. Boyota was stupid - this was by no means his only demonstration of his stupidity. He isn't very good.

Hayes red - Lustig got Hayes sent off. Never a red.

McLean - Lustig lies on ball - it's there to be won. Was McLean just meant to just hang about until Lustig gets his bambi on ice act together? As a rule, never fall on the ball - you will get kicked to feck - and rightly so, it's cheating!

Brown assault - over the top challenge, why wasn't there more of this against Georgia and Germany?

The free kick given to Bitton that led to the first goal - absolute joke.

The criticism now being levelled at Craig Gordon - unbelievable. He is easily Celtics best player - by a distance. The free kick for the winner stalled in the wind, if Gordon had come for that, he'd have been stuck under it and bundled into the net with the ball. The fault firmly lies with the Celtic outfield players for not dealing with it. I think if the lad Blackett had a heart, he'd have won that header easily.

Edited by SMcoolJ

I wonder if appealing the "red" is an error. Ok, Hayes plays tonight, but if it isn't overturned (which it absolutely should be) then he misses Hearts away on Sat and god knows whatever else such a bullsh1t decision would determine. This isn't meant to be in any way disrespectful to Accies, Hayes is a very effective player for us when away from home.

If the appeal is unsuccesful he misses the Hearts and Hibs games.

:lol:

Some right daftyness here, mostly from non-Dons fans.

When we lose to or draw with Hearts next week, cue all the 'bottle crashing and balloon bursting' posts.... :wink2:

It's a decent start, that's all.

It's more than a decent start Rossy, your best ever start to a season I believe.

IMO you need to try and skip 10 points clear to give yourselves a genuine chance, it may well be Aberdeens last chance of becoming champions for many years, as no doubt within the next 5 we will be back to the boring 2 team daily record w@nk fest duopoly.

Good luck for the rest of the season, glad to see Kenny McLean playing well, a top top signing.

SmccoolJ, that certainly is a red tinted specs view of the game!

:lol:

How can you say Griffiths doesn't have a clear goal scoring opportunity? He's got in front of considine, meaning he's about 6-8 yards from goal with only the keeper to beat, even from that angle, my money's on an in form striker to stick that away if considine doesn't pull him back.

I think the McLean/Lustig one the whistle has gone before he kicks him, if not I'd probably agree.

IMO you need to try and skip 10 points clear to give yourselves a genuine chance

10 points clear? Why do we need to be 10 points clear? Our form last season (excluding games between the 2 teams) was pretty much the same (until the league was over and we chucked it). I'd love a 10 point lead but as long as we're still right up there with Celtic, i'll keep believing.

10 points clear? Why do we need to be 10 points clear? Our form last season (excluding games between the 2 teams) was pretty much the same (until the league was over and we chucked it). I'd love a 10 point lead but as long as we're still right up there with Celtic, i'll keep believing.

If Aberdeen can win 2/3 or avoid defeat in 3/3 pre-split v Celtic, they should be right up there!

The 24 point swing losing all 4 last year killed their chances.

It's more than a decent start Rossy, your best ever start to a season I believe.

IMO you need to try and skip 10 points clear to give yourselves a genuine chance, it may well be Aberdeens last chance of becoming champions for many years, as no doubt within the next 5 we will be back to the boring 2 team daily record w@nk fest duopoly.

Good luck for the rest of the season, glad to see Kenny McLean playing well, a top top signing.

JJ - I'm not going to deny that I had my doubts with respect to McLean, To be fair, he joined mid-season and didn't get the "early goal" that seems to be the mythical ingredient to players starting well at a new club. He has certainly turned a corner and now seems pretty settled in. I still think he can go to the next level - fingers crossed.

Hope Shankland starts banging them in for you.....

If Aberdeen can win 2/3 or avoid defeat in 3/3 pre-split v Celtic, they should be right up there!

The 24 point swing losing all 4 last year killed their chances.

Unless something material changes, I think Celtic are as likely to drop points throughout this season as we are. However, if we are still around in January (i see no reason to believe we won't be), it will be interesting to see what Celtic do - buy, buy, buy!! I imagine our Board will have taken note of what happened to Utd though.....

Fair comment about last season, beating them was a massive result, if you can be at least level with them on the head to head then you definitely have a chance. It's hard to call, from what I've seen so far most of the teams appear to be weaker than last season ( including Celtic) but Aberdeen look stronger.

Keep believing

Not sure I agree with the comments above regarding the decisions (admittedly, as I'm still wearing my red tinted specs).

Celtic Pen - yes a pen, there would probably have been a goal scoring opportunity but don't think you can say obvious. This is one of those that's probably a red after 80 mins but never after 15 mins. Ref got it right.

Mulgrew Handball - stonewaller. Deliberate handball in that he made no attempt to move and completely misjudged it. And pro player with "coordination" knows that's hitting his arm.

Aberdeen pen - stonewaller. Boyota was stupid - this was by no means his only demonstration of his stupidity. He isn't very good.

Hayes red - Lustig got Hayes sent off. Never a red.

McLean - Lustig lies on ball - it's there to be won. Was McLean just meant to just hang about until Lustig gets his bambi on ice act together? As a rule, never fall on the ball - you will get kicked to feck - and rightly so, it's cheating!

Brown assault - over the top challenge, why wasn't there more of this against Georgia and Germany?

The free kick given to Bitton that led to the first goal - absolute joke.

The criticism now being levelled at Craig Gordon - unbelievable. He is easily Celtics best player - by a distance. The free kick for the winner stalled in the wind, if Gordon had come for that, he'd have been stuck under it and bundled into the net with the ball. The fault firmly lies with the Celtic outfield players for not dealing with it. I think if the lad Blackett had a heart, he'd have won that header easily.

That's a bit more than red tinted specs, it's complete delusion and I would section you under the mental health act if you think that is a true reflection on each incident .

That's a bit more than red tinted specs, it's complete delusion and I would section you under the mental health act if you think that is a true reflection on each incident .

Michty - you have a bit of a hard on for calling people mental! Do let me know which parts you don't think are correct - if you happen to get time between calling people mentalists.

Or actually, let me just have a quick stab:

Considine should have been sent off and banned for two years as Griffiths was about to score a hat trick in that one move

Mulgrew incident was never a pen as he has big arms and it's not his fault - giving the penalty would have been unprovoked armism.

Never a pen to Aberdeen as Boyata clearly got the ball and Shinnie obviously dived and should be banned for cheating

Hayes sending off was correct and he should be imprisoned for life (attempted murder)

McLean was a red and he should be imprisoned for life (attempted murder) and hung

Brown was just unfortunate to have missed the ball as it slid right under his foot when his foot was half way up Jacks shin

Bitton should get a free kick whenever anyone goes anywhere near him because he is tall and due to the laws of physics he might fall over and hurt himself

You agree regarding Craig Gordon not being solely at fault.

ETA - Good luck on Thursday - you will need it.

Edited by SMcoolJ

That must be in the new version of the rules, cos i would've thought that kicking somebody in the head after the whistle had gone would constitute serious foul play rather than rough justice as you suggest.

Edited by adamntg