Fifa 16 Demo Out Today - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fifa 16 Demo Out Today

49.99 for Standard pack on Playstation Store.

Played the Demo - hmmmmmm. Nae sure. Thought 15 was one of the poorer versions yet.

General consensus on FIFA forums is its one of the better ones of late. I have enjoyed the passing but shooting doesn't quite feel right. Plenty of time between the demo and what actually hits as live plus no doubt a patch on or soon after release date.

Having previously been an iss fan who switched to Fifa I'm kinda fed up with the non advancement of the game in the last couple of years. I'm not interested in ultimate team and only play career mode which is pretty poor. I've played both pes and Fifa demos and its pes who are getting my cash this year for the first time in many years, pre ordered for 15th. Far better gameplay and a break from the Fifa rehashed monotity. Plus it's a tenner cheaper! Apparently this year Sony will allow the game to be updated via memory stick meaning that the issues of non licensed teams will be easily rectified. All the reviews I've read seem to point towards the fact that pes has finally gotten back to the glory days and has far surpassed Fifa. The demos seem to back this up.

Edited by flynnyboy

Having previously been an iss fan who switched to Fifa I'm kinda fed up with the non advancement of the game in the last couple of years. I'm not interested in ultimate team and only play career mode which is pretty poor. I've played both pes and Fifa demos and its pes who are getting my cash this year for the first time in many years, pre ordered for 15th. Far better gameplay and a break from the Fifa rehashed monotity. Plus it's a tenner cheaper! Apparently this year Sony will allow the game to be updated via memory stick meaning that the issues of non licensed teams will be easily rectified. All the reviews I've read seem to point towards the fact that pes has finally gotten back to the glory days and has far surpassed Fifa. The demos seem to back this up.

I was the same so may move back this year myself. I bought all the old versions of PES (1 to 6) for the PS2 which run on my PS3.

Adriano was unstoppable on PES 6.

Well having had the game for a few days or so I have to say PES has pished all over FIFA's offerings of the last few years. It is brilliant. Granted it took about two hours to upload the correct kits and I'll need to create the Scottish league, with help from the option file providers, but even that can't take away from just how good this game is.

As a FIFA fan who only bought a PS4 for that game and has purchased both games over the last few years only to return PES each time this is such a welcome change. The master league is great and far more in depth than career mode. If only PES had the licences that FIFA had then this would be the most perfect football game ever made. By the way for those bored of FIFA but scared of change PES has the option to select the FIFA controls so embrace the change.

Are you talking about the PS4 version of PES? Can you update teams / kits / players from USB on that?

Yeah mate it's the PS4 version and it's a doddle with the USB, even for a computer illiterate fella like myself, just time consuming ... Done the EPL and MLS from PES world and the SPL one is out this Friday.

If you have Twitter and are looking to get PES then follow @glen_pesworld that's who I got my updates from for free, my instructions and he links to other kit / league designers such as @jch_pes who is doing the Scottish league based on football manager stats. If you don't have Twitter then pesworld is an excellent site and forum for all your info.

I'm loving PES so far. It's a significant improvement on last year. You have more control than you do in FIFA. My only criticism (apart from the fact I'm pish when playing online) is that the goalie's are a bit ropey.

I've yet to update the kits. I'll probably do that at the weekend.