That Moment Alone In The Polling Station..... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

That Moment Alone In The Polling Station.....

When the voter looks at word Scotland and below the words yes and no, all the detail about oil, currencies, trident, eu and a million other issues will just melt away.

this decision ultimately just comes down to confidence, something that we have sorely lacked for generations despite having contributed so much to the UK,Commonwealth and the wider world.

I hope the endeavours of you footsoldiers are rewarded next week, watching from overseas it has been inspirational and moving to see the flowering of self confidence. The Scotland I emigrated from no longer exists irrespective of the vote, a whole generation has had their eyes opened.

One last push and let's bring this home.

Was talking with my mate about this very subject. Sorry to be negative but this is the place where all could be lost. Peoples heads are strange at times and after all the shit that team has thrown at us this week then I think some may shit it. The soft yes's may just buckle when all alone in the booth with no one to push or prod them.

Man I hope I'm wrong.

I've been hearing many times that people will make up their minds in the polling booth on the day. That is why it is important to get as many saltires out there in full view of people going to vote.

The local council will do everything possible to block this so we have to come up with some innovating ways to keep the flags flying.

The cheap shops do saltire flag bunting for about a pound.

Go for it folks, we have only got one chance.

It's really interesting isn't it ?

Edwin Muir wrote, in the thirties, that maybe Scotland ceased to be a nation in 1603 at the Union of the The Crowns. That Scotland, the nation, was at that time consigned to be a medieval historical entity that political romantics hang on to. The 1707 Union merely tightened the noose around auld Scotia's windpipe.

We'll find out on Thursday if Scotland, the nation, still lives and breathes because the electorate of that country say we do. Or not.

When the voter looks at word Scotland and below the words yes and no, all the detail about oil, currencies, trident, eu and a million other issues will just melt away.

this decision ultimately just comes down to confidence, something that we have sorely lacked for generations despite having contributed so much to the UK,Commonwealth and the wider world.

I hope the endeavours of you footsoldiers are rewarded next week, watching from overseas it has been inspirational and moving to see the flowering of self confidence. The Scotland I emigrated from no longer exists irrespective of the vote, a whole generation has had their eyes opened.

One last push and let's bring this home.

Absolutely, I too am an expat, and like you say it is inspirational and swells your chest with pride to see the coming together as one voice the people of Scotland to say no more to being run by Westminster, that comes from confidence and self belief, and that comes down to the efforts of all you footsoldiers doing your bit instilling that self belief and confidence into people that we can do this!

I have no idea how it is so close given the full spectrum dominance the NO campaign has on all the media. (Then you have the massed ranks of every opposition party and the City etc etc etc...all conniving together to defeat Yes.

Yes on the other hand are the SNP and well...just us.

Despite this tsunami of threats and misinformation it is seemingly neck and neck, it is amazing really. How are we even in this fight I wonder.

So I think people clearly are not all stupid and I am starting to seriously wonder if NO have overplayed this. No one watching this last week could be in any doubt that we are seeing a coordinated attempt using every avenue possible to bully and intimidate us into voting No. Get back in your box or things will be bad for you Jocko.

There will be no justice, in this battle, just us.

We got this far with zero help from outside and everyone trying to stop us.

I don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen in that booth as It really is now a stark choice between voting for hope or voting for fear.

Could be similarities with the 92 General election there (hope not obviously), when Labour were ahead in the polls and exit polls, but the Tories won again...

The Conservatives were predicted to be the largest party, but in a hung parliament, in the 1992 exit polls. Although they were still technically wrong, it's not as bad as people make out... (I don't know about the opinion polls though)...

Been rereading Rogue Nation by Alan Clements, would have made a great film but that time has passed. Opening page has shocked US President Todd MacFarlane commenting on Yes victory, "Well, I'll be @!*@ed. Who would have thought the old country would have the balls. Goddam polls never get anything right."

Prophetic words!