Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution... - Page 4 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution...

Marty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only only away game of the campaign me and the Mrs have missed and will miss (also missed Georgia at home due to travelling to Poland early doors from Bristol). We could have done with the point each but refused to buy tickets as we do not agree with harvesting.

Edited by DoubleSC

This is the only only away game of the campaign me and the Mrs have missed and will miss (also missed Georgia at home due to travelling to Poland early doors from Bristol). We could have done with the point each but refused to buy tickets as we do not agree with harvesting.

lack of dedication

I think it would be hilarious if all 2000 ticket holders went and none harvested. A real GIRUY moment.

I myself will be part of that 2000, and find it funny how now that the team has a great chance of making Euro 2016, or at least achieving a third place play off, suddenly everyone is scrambling for tickets. Do you think if this game was at the start of the campaign there would be as much demand or so called harvesting?? Not a chance.

I can remember going to Macedonia last campaign, had nothing to play for, and we still got roughly 700 fans there. Maybe the added incentive for this tie, the fact we might qualify, is enough for the extra 1300 high pointers to go?

I feel for the people who genuinely can't afford going to every game, but the people who just choose to go to the big games, you can't moan about the point system being unfair. We all had to start on 0 points. If anything, blame the SFA for not getting enough tickets!! Same happened in Dortmund, not enough Scottish tickets even though there were plenty German empty seats!!!

Rant over.....

Exactly , pickups are a complete pain in the backside, If your arriving on the day of the game you are wanting to head out and get a few pints not trying to find a hotel , that is normally miles for where you are staying to queue up and get tickets.

I thought you could always pick up at the stadium just before the game, is that not the case?

Exactly , pickups are a complete pain in the backside, If your arriving on the day of the game you are wanting to head out and get a few pints not trying to find a hotel , that is normally miles for where you are staying to queue up and get tickets.

Kinda on the fence here. I agree with the quote above, but at the same time I think it should be 100% pickup for a game like this, especially given the price of the ticket. I really don't know the extent of members applying for tickets with no intention of going. There seems to be a lot of disagreement about this reading the previous posts. Don't know the answer but things will escalate if we continue to improve and the chance of qualifying for a tournament gets closer........and then there is the England game! By the way, I'm going and have a ticket, either by post or collection.

As an overseas member I only get the pick up option....I have never found it to be a pain in the arse as there are usually several different pick up times/locations across a couple of days or at the stadium before kick off.....it is pretty easy to arrange your drinking habits around the ticket collection with a wee bit of prior planning...

As an overseas member I only get the pick up option....I have never found it to be a pain in the arse as there are usually several different pick up times/locations across a couple of days or at the stadium before kick off.....it is pretty easy to arrange your drinking habits around the ticket collection with a wee bit of prior planning...

Spot on, good post

I think the people complaining about people complaining about harvesters are probably harvesters lol

I'm harvesting complaints from this thread to start a "Post your complaints about harvesting here" thread.

Then I'm going to complain about it.

J

According to Booking.com 40% of rooms in Tbilisi are booked the week leading up to game. That's quite a fair chunk of rooms. I think the harvesting element is lower than what people think imo.

As a matter of interest what percentage is booked the week before and the week after?