Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution... - Page 5 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution...

Marty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be interesting would be the number of people that were eligible from 10 down to 2 that never applied for tickets. Don't suppose anyone knows

I'm on 7 and never applied.

3 of us on 7 points never applied

Whos going to be the first one on this message board to do an empty seat count at the game and report back on here saying that empty seats means they were harvesting.

Me I be standing outside the ground counting the ta in I will get everyone name then ask the sfa for a list of names who have bought tickets check you went then hunt very last harvester down and give them a good ticking off ??????

Me I be standing outside the ground counting the ta in I will get everyone name then ask the sfa for a list of names who have bought tickets check you went then hunt very last harvester down and give them a good ticking off ??????

Can I recommend this guy.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/boba-fett

J

Whos going to be the first one on this message board to do an empty seat count at the game and report back on here saying that empty seats means they were harvesting.

i "harvest" at home games then as buy my mate a ticket and stand together so always one free space a couple of sections away from my season ticket seat.

Reminds me of a Skovdahl quote...

Hmm.

loved his logical illogical quotes

"The operation was a success, but the patient died"

When comparing the scoring record of some anonymous Don 'here today gone tomorrow' and Henrik Larsson after 2 games....

"Statistics are like mini-skirts - they give you great ideas, but hide the most important bits"

For all their faults, the SFA aren't oblivious to ticket harvesting. They know it's games like this that will attract harvesters which is why they don't say in advance how many random pick-ups there will be. Looking back over recent campaigns the figure for random pick-up has been roughly a third-to-a-half the ticket number sold - so I'd expect about 700-1000 to be asked to collect. Bear in mind there were approx 1400 Scots end tickets used in 2007.

In Molde, 500 SSC tickets were sold and 200 members were given random pick-up. Of the 500 sold there were just under 420 actually used - so about 16% of tix were effectively harvested. In Koper, the SSC got roughly 650 tickets and of the approx 175 that were asked to collect their tickets everyone did. In Luxembourg, there were almost 2200 tickets sold with roughly 750 people asked to provided travel documents post-match of which only just over 400 did. Draw your own conclusions.

If it turns out there are 1000, or fewer, tickets not 'used' in Georgia the SFA (whether they care or not) will come under increased pressure to tackle harvesting from people who are actually travelling to games without , or unable to get, an official ticket and not getting any credit for it while hundreds who don't travel get their point. Particularly if we qualify and go on to have another good campaign for Russia.