State-Sponsored Football Club? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

State-Sponsored Football Club?

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory, so how about this one?

Do you think the Westminster government is creating it's own Real Madrid, by setting up West Ham in the Olympic Stadium?

Real Madrid have been, allegedly, propped up over the years by the Spanish government in the shape of massive loan deals.

Is there a chance that Westminster have the idea they can do the same?

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory, so how about this one?

Do you think the Westminster government is creating it's own Real Madrid, by setting up West Ham in the Olympic Stadium?

Real Madrid have been, allegedly, propped up over the years by the Spanish government in the shape of massive loan deals.

Is there a chance that Westminster have the idea they can do the same?

West Ham do get special treatment.

Just ask any Sheff Utd fan...

The whole thing stinks. I'm sure I read the other day that the stadium owners - ie the tax payer - will pay for all the stewarding, upkeep of the pitch, etc. All West Ham will pay is rent of a few million a year.

And I'm guessing West Hams old ground will be demolished and the land sold. Who's lining their pockets getting the money from that sale?

The whole thing stinks. I'm sure I read the other day that the stadium owners - ie the tax payer - will pay for all the stewarding, upkeep of the pitch, etc. All West Ham will pay is rent of a few million a year.

And I'm guessing West Hams old ground will be demolished and the land sold. Who's lining their pockets getting the money from that sale?

David Gold I presume.

Not sure who pays for running costs you mention, but £15 million upfront, £2.5 million per year.

The £15 million was West Ham 's "contribution" towards the redevelopment of the stadium from Olympics to a premier league stadium. The public (us) paid the rest. .. £260 million !!!

And yes we are all paying for all the stadium running costs, bills, security, stewarding, policing, the pitch, flags, goals, the lot.

West Ham have to pay a mere £2 million or so a season, money they will make on just one match.

It's an appalling scandal of the highest order.

The £15 million was West Ham 's "contribution" towards the redevelopment of the stadium from Olympics to a premier league stadium. The public (us) paid the rest. .. £260 million !!!

And yes we are all paying for all the stadium running costs, bills, security, stewarding, policing, the pitch, flags, goals, the lot.

West Ham have to pay a mere £2 million or so a season, money they will make on just one match.

shocking stuff

It's outrageous. Add to the fact that they are moving onto Leyton Orients patch makes even more galling.

...And the vice president, Baroness Brady, just happens to be a Conservative life peer and David Gold and David Sullivan just happen to be Tory party donors. And when they sell up to a Russian oligarch in a year or two's time when West Ham are nicely settled in the Olympic stadium they'll make a tidy profit. That slip of the tongue by just call me Dave a while back doesn't look so Freudian after all.

What a made up load of bollocks. No desire to go to the Olympic stadium and fact kicked my season into touch. But this is the best deal in offer for the tax payer. Nobody seems to acknowledge that there is a profit share thing going on or that there would be a off white elephant in East London if this didn't happen.

And as for stepping on Orient's 'manor' have you ever been to London?

The whole thing just seems wrong.

But we now have the Tories and I guess they will do what they want. So many of these facilities over the years get massive amount of public funds, which seem to end up flowing into private company coffers.

What a made up load of bollocks. No desire to go to the Olympic stadium and fact kicked my season into touch. But this is the best deal in offer for the tax payer. Nobody seems to acknowledge that there is a profit share thing going on or that there would be a badger off white elephant in East London if this didn't happen.

I assumed there would be a set up like when City moved to the Etihad.

There was a set annual rent & then a split of gate receipts after 40000 tickets or there abouts sold for each event

What a made up load of bollocks. No desire to go to the Olympic stadium and fact kicked my season into touch. But this is the best deal in offer for the tax payer. Nobody seems to acknowledge that there is a profit share thing going on or that there would be a badger off white elephant in East London if this didn't happen.

What about the legacy though?