Tamb Running Thread - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new PB for 10k today (a training run) - did a route from the pedestrian bridge next to the Queen Elizabeth bridge in Aberdeen, up Victoria Road, round the coastal road next to the lighthouse and back down again, finishing in Duthie Park. Managed it in 51 mins 28, which is over 2 mins better than my previous 10k PB, so am well pleased. Also reached my lightest weight in about 25 years today (weighed after the run) and have now got down to a 36 inch waist after being at 37 for months.

Happy days...

That just on a training run or in a race?

If the former, you should be looking at 41/42 mins in a race I'd say.

Yeh, just out running myself on Friday morning. I'm always slow the first half mile as i dont do a warm-up, so could easily get another 30-45 seconds off it.

Will get to 40 mins within a few months. Not that bothered about my times though to be honest.

There's nothing wrong with being 96kg... Or over :lol: I was always 88-92kg in my prime, but by duck did I hate Cardio :lol:

One of these guys who exercises every muscle apart from his heart? My mate is like that.

There's nothing wrong with being 96kg if you're built. I was just fat though :lol:

Was 96kg your peak?

My peak would have been about back in 2006 when I wouldn't have been far shy of 150kg.

My fattest? Aye, I think so. It's the fattest I can ever mind being.

Some effort, Cove. :ok: