Tamb Running Thread - Page 40 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do the parkrun most weekends, love it. But that time on a Saturday morning on a weekend in Dublin is for finding your way back to your hotel, or at least it was when I used to go there for the rugby.

Indeed.

I used to be much the same - I'd often take about a week after a Dublin trip to fully get over the effects of drinking Guinness and going to bed at 3.30am for a weekend, but have been off the booze for about 16 months now, so need to get my kicks from endorphins instead...

Well as I said my 'hotel' was my mate's house in Raheny, miles away from town, and he was in charge of the parkrun that week. As I do it every week at home and he was giving me a lift there it would have been stranger if I hadn't gone along. I promise I had a few drinks on the Friday night. Each to their own though.

Edited by Deeklipse

Glasgow 10k today. Good route, over the Kingston bridge, George square etc, managed a PB of 39.09 although my watch said 6.36 miles which is 0.15 miles longer than normal...so could have really smashed it.

My last k clocked in at 3:49. Slowest of the lot, and there is no way I was running slower, due to the sprint at the end etc. One of the other guys from Edinburgh said the same - his time is very close to yours. Said the last k was long on his Garmin.

I have a shite stopwatch so couldn't measure the distance. Clocked 36:51 - inside 37 but maybe could have taken it close to 36!!

My last k clocked in at 3:49. Slowest of the lot, and there is no way I was running slower, due to the sprint at the end etc. One of the other guys from Edinburgh said the same - his time is very close to yours. Said the last k was long on his Garmin.

I have a shite stopwatch so couldn't measure the distance. Clocked 36:51 - inside 37 but maybe could have taken it close to 36!!

That's interesting. At the recent Dumbarton 10k I was a tad under the weather and not one of my miles was sub 6.20, yet on Sunday I was never over 6.10 minute miles, yet I was only 12 seconds faster......the course was definitely too long, and I wasn't taking the corners long or anything. Never mind, on to the next one, I'm hammering the interval runs just now in the hope I get down to sub 38 mins.

Stonehaven Half today.

Found it brutal with the combination of the heat and the hills.

Still my 2nd quickest HM, helped in no small part by a 13th mile done in 7:25

It was a great day to spectate and a really nice atmosphere about it. I love the smaller events.

You haven't made one.

Slightly late but my point was basically that someone who openly admits travelling to a foreign country to watch a sport where grown men, influenced by a young posh boy cheating at proper football, chase around after an egg and grab each other's testicles, has no right to pass judgement on what others do while away for a weekend! But hey, that's just my opinion ;)

Slightly late but my point was basically that someone who openly admits travelling to a foreign country to watch a sport where grown men, influenced by a young posh boy cheating at proper football, chase around after an egg and grab each other's testicles, has no right to pass judgement on what others do while away for a weekend! But hey, that's just my opinion ;)

10 days to come up with that? I hope the running is going well.

Two trail runs this week. Breezy run up Bennachie tonight and am really starting to enjoy it. Need some trail shoes though.

salomon xa pro 3d

Brilliant running shoes for trails etc and can get them in goretex. Thata the guys ones but I'm sure there's a woman's version.