Eu Refernedum - Project Fear Part 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Eu Refernedum - Project Fear Part 2

David Cameron's "firm aim" is to ensure the UK remains in the EU and he will warn of the risks of exit in a future referendum.

Mr Cameron is planning to focus his EU referendum campaign on the "risky" consequences of a British exit.- "people will ultimately vote for the status quo if the alternatives can be made to appear risky".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33285893

Sound familiar ?

I firmly believe there are numerous positive reasons to remain in the EU.

... and I hope that the campaign reflects this.

However : I am getting the popcorn out for Project Fear pt 2 being unleashed on the UK.

It is going to be sweet irony....

• 7 months later...

What Mr Haggis said. There are numerous positive reasons to remain in the EU.

Of course, this whole thing has nothing to do with that. It's all about internal wrangling for the withered, blackened heart of the Conservative party.

The EU is fukced because you have countries within the EU who are essentially controlled by the US/Israel. The US has decided to destabilise the EU and so it has now become unworkable in the current format. Look how hard the US wants Turkey in. With friends like America we don't need any more enemies.

It was a great idea as a common market and was a shit idea as a federal Europe.

It now has to be destroyed before it can be re-invented back to the good idea it once was.

Edited by thplinth

Saw something on Facebook last night that got me thinking. The jist of it was that if the UK left the European Union, we could effectively become the 51st US State, especially if there are 2 loonies such as Boris & Trump in charge.

Britain is only slightly further from the US' East Coast than Hawaii is from the West coast. 

Thoughts?

55 minutes ago, McDange said:

Saw something on Facebook last night that got me thinking. The jist of it was that if the UK left the European Union, we could effectively become the 51st US State, especially if there are 2 loonies such as Boris & Trump in charge.

Britain is only slightly further from the US' East Coast than Hawaii is from the West coast.

Thoughts?

That's perhaps an oversimplification of things but it is along the lines of my way of thinking.  I have still to make up my mind about which way I'll vote but one of my concerns about leaving the EU is an even closer relationship with the US; in effect becoming a US satellite state (some may say we already are - just count the burger bars!).

I can certainly see a Conservative led government being extremely keen on striking numerous trade deals with the US.

3 hours ago, McDange said:

Thoughts?

I like guns !!