Le Tour 2015 - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Le Tour 2015

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Ghent six in 2013,sitting there watching the racing when the whole crowd got up and started applauding as Merckx took his seat right in front of us.I was to shell shocked to even get a photo with him. Thought I'd left the hero worship behind as a teenager.

Unfortunately his reign was at a time when photographs from "cycling" we're as much as you could expect

I only recall Footage ( TdF only ) on grandstand in late 70s ; early 80s - a weeks highlights rolled into 20 mins if you're lucky

Eddy was a household name tho

Another nasty crash today just about all the GC contenders fell on their arse, Nibali looked very lucky to escape without a bad one.

Compound fracture of the collarbone for Tony martin. Ouch.

Unfortunately his reign was at a time when photographs from "cycling" we're as much as you could expect

I only recall Footage ( TdF only ) on grandstand in late 70s ; early 80s - a weeks highlights rolled into 20 mins if you're lucky

Eddy was a household name tho

The DVD i have has some footage, the 2nd half of this clip after his massive 100km plus breakaway was especially good, i can't understand the words but you can understand the passion underneath.

Just watching highlights now.

I see his data has been acquired and placed on YouTube. The very dubious ascent of Mount vonteaux a couple of years back. (Also Bastille day.

Yeah it's being taken down, i follow thesports scientist dude that collates the data.

Mox not everyone is at it, that's the tradegy, Christophe Bassons was clean and he tried to blow the whistle on Armstrong right at the start of the tour in 99 and got hounded out, so there are clean riders, they just want you to think its everyone so it's a victimless crime. Bassons could have been the greatest French cyclist of all time, never got his chance though.

Cheers, phart. Really interesting.

I found myself getting furious today listening to Colin Murray on Talksport. All his "You have to believe in Froome, otherwise, what's the point?!" It's amazing how some folk forget the biggest sham in sporting history and how it took 99% of people in.

Cheers, phart. Really interesting.

I found myself getting furious today listening to Colin Murray on Talksport. All his "You have to believe in Froome, otherwise, what's the point?!" It's amazing how some folk forget the biggest sham in sporting history and how it took 99% of people in.

I managed to watch the last ascent, Geraint Thomas on the front dropping grand tour winners left and right up an HC climb, then settling back and chasing down every attack once Froome tore off up the mountain with Porte slowly winding in last years giro and king of the miountain.

Reminded me of Frankie Adreu pulling at the front for US postal.

I managed to watch the last ascent, Geraint Thomas on the front dropping grand tour winners left and right up an HC climb, then settling back and chasing down every attack once Froome tore off up the mountain with Porte slowly winding in last years giro and king of the miountain.

Reminded me of Frankie Adreu pulling at the front for US postal.

I should probably tell you, as you might not know, that Sky train really hard and even sleep on volcanoes.

Wheels are more circular than the competition, Plus everyones food is put in a blender before they eat it so that's why they are skinnier.

Have they actually said that one? Cause that would fly against what we generally know about digestion and fat/muscle.

Have they actually said that one? Cause that would fly against what we generally know about digestion and fat/muscle.

Yes they have.

Trying to find the tweet, might take a while, anyway i have an idea for a movie.

CJ6i4FNUsAAmSfX.jpg

Edited by phart

I'm certainly not saying Froome is clean, but it must piss you right off if you are clean and all you get asked are questions about doping. To be expected, though, given the prevalence of doping in recent years.

I'm certainly not saying Froome is clean, but it must piss you right off if you are clean and all you get asked are questions about doping. To be expected, though, given the prevalence of doping in recent years.

Yeah especially since if you're doping or not doping the answers all sound the same.

Michael Ramussen twitter is funny, armstrong making comments after yesterday as well.