Le Tour 2015 - Page 6 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Le Tour 2015

Cracking race today.

Alpe d'Huez never fails to disappoint.

Great tactics by Movistar to get Anacona up the road, to pace Quintana up the climb.

Valverde's attacks kept the Sky boys honest for a long time also.

Wout Poels, who's been quietly brilliant for the whole tour, did a massive bit of work for Froome, though.

Bring on the Vuelta...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking race today.

Now who's (French media in particular) going to start asking questions about Quintana's drug intake as he's gubbed Froome the last 2 days ?

Didn't see anyone spitting on him or throwing urine in his face.

Maybe that'll come in the next 1-2 years if he wins it.

Quintana's peformacnce on AdH was fantastic but not outrageous. Apparently 23rd fastest ascent during the tour although 20 of those were by known or suspected dopers.

I personally don't give a anymore. Two of my thre favourtite sports (cycling and distance running) have had, and doubtless continue to have, doping on an industrial scale. I just try and enjoy it for what it is, guys riding really fast up a hill.

And at least I still have fitba where nobody dopes, ever. Obviously.

Just a shame for Froome that he gets all the flack though when he's not doing much more (and sometimes less) than Quintana, Nibali etc on different days.

In fact he's been less spectacular than many of the other stage riders or winners but just been the most consistent.

They have won three out of the last four so it is probably getting a bit US Postal for some cycling fans, despite the fact that they did not really dominate this tour at all.

Also, the French media need something to talk about as they had no French riders anywhere in the GC.

• 2 weeks later...