Euro 2016 Finals -Ticket Portal - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2016 Finals -Ticket Portal

stirlish

TartanDave, on 29 Jul 2015 - 3:33 PM, said:

True, particularly if they have booked accommodation for tickets they have won. However, maybe some french folk would be selling?

If i'm selling any of the tickets i have got in the ballot, i won't be doing it through the portal. I'll be attempting to trade them for tickets to our games through other means.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i'm selling any of the tickets i have got in the ballot, i won't be doing it through the portal. I'll be attempting to trade them for tickets to our games through other means.

Is it not possible to trade through portal? Thought I seen that somewhere. I have no Intention of selling any of my tickets unless as you said, I could swap for scotland games. Been looking at the upgraded Velodrome online and can't wait to go see France v A3 there! 2 other ages in Toulouse should be great too. Slightly envious of those who have tickets to games at Bordeaux as the stadium looks fantastic

TartanDave, on 29 Jul 2015 - 3:43 PM, said:

Is it not possible to trade through portal? Thought I seen that somewhere.

I didn't think so. Hope i'm wrong though!

Is it not possible to trade through portal? Thought I seen that somewhere.

Your not alone here i seen it too.

I have tickets for Bordeaux and Toulouse four for each game the games are also five days apart, but as others have said I intend to try and trade for scotland before I book travel.

Just as a thought though, do you think it would be possible to trade two of the four for one game enabling you to have two tickets for two games rather than four for one?

Theres a Lyon game between the Bordeaux and Toulouse games I really fancy getting to!

Your not alone here i seen it too.

I have tickets for Bordeaux and Toulouse four for each game the games are also five days apart, but as others have said I intend to try and trade for scotland before I book travel.

Just as a thought though, do you think it would be possible to trade two of the four for one game enabling you to have two tickets for two games rather than four for one?

Theres a Lyon game between the Bordeaux and Toulouse games I really fancy getting to!

Yeah I'd imagine that would be possible. Again though, I'm not entirely sure how the whole thing will work. Have reserved myself a Hotel in Toulouse for 9 nights. 4 people, word out at 20quid a night each

Do the tickets have your passport number and name on them?? There was a boy on Facebook selling lots of tickets including final tickets and was tempted but don't want to buy them then get to the turnstile and it's not my details

I'm not sure? Surely they aren't going to turn people turning up with others tickets. What if you won 4 but you and your mates went in at different times?

TartanDave, on 31 Jul 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

I'm not sure? Surely they aren't going to turn people turning up with others tickets. What if you won 4 but you and your mates went in at different times?

This is my rationale.

They've said at every tournament for decades that your tickets will have your details on them and it will be checked at the turnstyles. In practise, that never ever happens due to crazy logistics that would involve.

There are already huge queues and airport-style security detectors to get into stadia at tournaments now, having to check ID would just make the whole thing completely impractical.

Applied for 9 matches, got 6, mainly by applying at category 2 and ticking the box of 'would you accept another category'.

Accommodation in Marseilles around the games is very scarce. Probably travel agents have block booked the rooms and will sell them on at a premium. Rooms generally become available at some point though so no point fretting just yet.

Of course hopefully we qualify and then all current plans for these games will be up in the air again...

• 2 weeks later...

Realise most people with tickets will still wait for draw and to see if we qualify before making definite plans but maybe worth knowing that SNCF are putting tickets on sale for days of QFs,SFs,final and France matches from 22nd September and from December for days of all matches. French trains are good and they usually have some good offers but I suspect offers won`t be so special during Euro 2016. They still have quite a lot of night trains which can be a good way of saving on hotels.

Hi

I also got an E-Mail from SNCF but bear in mind France is now also opening up to cheaper coach travel.

In Poland 2012 I had only one ticket after the first draw in Sept 2011. I think UEFA actually then E-mailed me in 2012 to see if I was still interested. On the official web site I got 5 more in May 2012 and one in April 2012. I then had a couple spare that I sold on a forum and in Poland at face value. Hard work on Internet to get in first and of course UEFA charge individual delivery for each ticket order. I was able to shuttle between Poznan and Wroclaw by train. If we all stick together and not pay touts and not charge extra for our spares everyone will be better off.Ticket names were never checked and this was the same in Austria 2008.

This time round applied for 15 matches in cheapest category but willing to accept higher and received one ticket for Paris. Luck of the draw.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is too scunnered with the whole thing now who was lucky enough in the draw I'll buy your ticket or two off for face value depending on what that is off course

Any game, any venue

I got 4 for the 18th and 4 for the 25th for the games in Marseille, all 25euro tickets, reckon I will just be going to the game on the 18th.

looking for a ticket for lyon on the 11th and marsaille on the 16th if anyone would be so kind

Think I might be able to help you with Marseille game (not 100% sure yet). However, you will have to change your signature to Ryan Jack is ten times better at football than Scott Allan. ;)