Wc Pot 2 - What Is Needed - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wc Pot 2 - What Is Needed

tartanpar

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want home nations, just played them. All the "lets play England" brigade i know London was good but it's about Scotland qualifying not the ones who dont travel getting an easy away day for sesh. Getting a team who usually qualify with no messing about and who just bet us twice isn't smart. Only home nation I'd take would be Wales as an easier pot 1 team but would prefer Romania

There is only one of him. He just posts a lot.

red and white of course. does anybody here wanna draw England??

No. Does drawing England give you a raging hard on?

We have played them twice under Strachan and been beaten twice so why on Earth would we want to draw them. It is akin to wanting to draw Netherlands if we reach the play-offs - lunacy.

Stick to drawing them on your paper but suggest if you are using red and white then use coloured card so you can see the white. :wave:

No. Does drawing England give you a raging hard on?

We have played them twice under Strachan and been beaten twice so why on Earth would we want to draw them. It is akin to wanting to draw Netherlands if we reach the play-offs - lunacy.

Stick to drawing them on your paper but suggest if you are using red and white then use coloured card so you can see the white. :wave:

Does that mean you don't want Wales either then?

I just want the weakest group possible and Wales would be an ideal draw considering the alternatives include Spain and Germany.

Yes of course I'd prefer to draw Wales rather than the heavyweights of Spain, Germany, Portugal and England but reckon I'd even sooner take Croatia or Belgium rather than Wales.

Yes of course I'd prefer to draw Wales rather than the heavyweights of Spain, Germany, Portugal and England but reckon I'd even sooner take Croatia or Belgium rather than Wales.

Would quite fancy Romania. Spains lack of pace nowadays means they aren't to be feared as they were before,, their results this campaign haven't been great, including a defeat in Slovakia

Would quite fancy Romania. Spains lack of pace nowadays means they aren't to be feared as they were before,, their results this campaign haven't been great, including a defeat in Slovakia

Oh definitely first pick would be Romania. They were pretty lucky to get away with a draw last weekend against Northern Ireland and they looked fluent in attack but defensively looked suspect.

Spains lack of pace nowadays means they aren't to be feared as they were before,, their results this campaign haven't been great

Totally. Go through their squad and barely any quality in it now.

I'd even sooner take Croatia or Belgium rather than Wales

Riiiight.

Yes for a couple of reasons. Belgium didn't look all they are talked up to be V Wales the other night and Wales look set to finish above them in that group. As for Croatia (beat them home and away in the last campaign but don't remind me how we done against Wales). :wink2:

Spains lack of pace nowadays means they aren't to be feared as they were before,, their results this campaign haven't been great

Totally. Go through their squad and barely any quality in it now.

Not saying they aren't a good side. Our defence isn't the quickest so there could be more difficult teams to play than Spain.

FFS. Some folks are just mad with it.

Wales are not a long term pot 1 side. They are there at the moment because of a good run of form. And a pretty exceptional player.

It would be madness to not want them as first pot side instead of someone like Spain - lack of pace....fcking really??!!!, results not great this campaign - 5 wins out of 6. Load of experience and also a pretty decent selection of younger players coming through.

And Belgium, really, Belgium over Wales. FFS get a grip. Belgium have an excellent side, its why they are up to 2nd in the world. Hazard alone is terrifying but then add in Mertens, Benteke, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Naingollan, a world class keeper, some solid as hell defenders...All mainly youngish, all improving, gaining experience.

The sides I would want to most avoid, bar Germany are Belgium and Spain.

Wales and Romania, in that order.