Which Roi Players Would We Take For Starting 11? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Which Roi Players Would We Take For Starting 11?

JagDude

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was looking at the Ireland squad and there are a few that might get into our squad, but for starting 11 I can only see 3.

O'Shea

McCarthy

Long

Thoughts?

Wilson, Coleman, Brady, McCarthy, McGeady and Long would all get in our starting 11.

Alright lads Irish fan here.Thought I may as well make an account on here with the game coming up so soon.

As regards Scotland players I would take for the Irish starting side I would probably say only Naismith and Brown. Personally I don't really rate the Scottish players as individuals, however thats irrelevant as I'm sure you lads think the same about Ireland.

The one thing Scotland have in abundance is a great understanding as a team. The way Scotland pass and hold onto the ball is excellent given the standard of player available to them. (Same standard as Ireland).

For me the addition of McCarthy,Whelan,Wilson and Hoolahan will be the difference on Saturday. Irelands performance in Glasgow was the worst I have EVER seen. I'm not overly confident,but I feel the fact that Ireland have a full squad will be enough for us to sneak a 1-0/2-1 victory.

Alright lads Irish fan here.Thought I may as well make an account on here with the game coming up so soon.

As regards Scotland players I would take for the Irish starting side I would probably say only Naismith and Brown. Personally I don't really rate the Scottish players as individuals, however thats irrelevant as I'm sure you lads think the same about Ireland.

The one thing Scotland have in abundance is a great understanding as a team. The way Scotland pass and hold onto the ball is excellent given the standard of player available to them. (Same standard as Ireland).

For me the addition of McCarthy,Whelan,Wilson and Hoolahan will be the difference on Saturday. Irelands performance in Glasgow was the worst I have EVER seen. I'm not overly confident,but I feel the fact that Ireland have a full squad will be enough for us to sneak a 1-0/2-1 victory.

I dont believe its really the worst you've seen. Mind when Cyprus spanked you?

I dont believe its really the worst you've seen. Mind when Cyprus spanked you?

Don't even talk to me about that game. It never happened ??.

For a game of its magnitude I think the Scotland performance was the worst I've seen. Even Croatia in the euros where we lost 3-1 we had a bit of heart to come back from 1-0 down. In Glasgow there was no one player who could come back into the dressing room with his head held high.

I know we could debate all day but I think your account of the game at Celtic Park is innacurate, the worst performances I've ever seen are ones in which defences fall apart, Ireland worked hard but lacked a bit of end product.

I suggest your disappointment is because you feel you have significantly better players and should beat us.

For me the biggest difference was the managers, O'neil went with a 4-4-2 away to a side with a continental style 4-2-3-1, allowing us to play between 3 straight lines.

I agree with your comments about our team ethic, but team-work can only showcase ability not create it out of nowhere.

However saying ''the one thing Scotland have'' isn't on the money, They are full of pace like Anya, have a solid midfield and forward players who's abilities complement each other very well.

I generally like to see Ireland do well, but the biggest problem in your side is a lack of style or philosophy, I haven't been able to work out how Ireland actually want to play yet.

I think the sides are close but Scotland are better formed and tactically the game suits us, but Im a football fan and not mystic meg so the score could be anything.

Edited by BraveheartGordon