Fai Saying No Scotland Fan In The Home End - Page 3 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fai Saying No Scotland Fan In The Home End

There is always that wee voice in the back of your mind saying.... "What if they don't let us in this time"

Very true mate, hence the Mrs waiting in the car park for no good reason despite me being 99.9% certain we'd get in and having checked with the bouncers at the Cardiff home game the week before ?? she wasn't happy ?

Edited by DaveyDenoon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered 3 but paid with the CC through PayPal so should be alright if I'm scammed, and as you say gives us a few days to try and get one.

There was someone on the FB group saying he got a call from them saying the same thing.

Just be wary paying with a credit card via paypal, you aren't as well covered if you just used a credit card. I'm in the same situation as you right now though I don't see it being a problem.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=oneliner-one&utm_term=02-Jun-15-lt&utm_campaign=credit-cards&utm_content=1

How much were this crew selling tickets for anyway?

Started at 100 euro for category c now 180 euro for same tickets. The posh seats were double that!!!

why do folk get in a panic over nothing. The poles hardly went in disguise.

I think he is talking about the pick up of tickets from NAT? They have supposedly been told not to hand them over to Scottish fans. Or thats what they are telling punters. I am pretty sure its more a case of they have more orders than they have managed to get tickets for and are looking for any excuse not to have to supply everyone. If that is it the case, and they only have limited number of tickets then why risk not getting a ticket from them by turning up in a Scotland top?

Was at the Poland match the other month....i think there were around 7/8k of them there in the home end, maybe more. They were in Polish gear and I didnt see any trouble around the stadium.

Also most of the turnstiles are digital unmanned where you scan your ticket, so even if they werent allowing scotland fans in home end I wouldn't be worried

Edited by Studo

Was at the Poland match the other month....i think there were around 7/8k of them there in the home end, maybe more. They were in Polish gear and I didnt see any trouble around the stadium.

Also most of the turnstiles are digital unmanned where you scan your ticket, so even if they werent allowing scotland fans in home end I wouldn't be worried

Cheers for the post. As said in early posts here i think its the people selling them who have made a massive @rse of this and now panicking that they haven't got the tickets to meet the demand. Can see a few angry fans at that office at 12 on saturday but all the best to everyone who has bought them.

No other sites have issued this info. Definitely looking for reasons to refuse as they don't have enough. Mines are from Abbey, who know I'm Scottish as I told them. No mention of not wearing colours, although Abbey call the seats 'premier seats' and charged a premier price. May fall in to a different category but I will be wearing colours.

No other sites have issued this info. Definitely looking for reasons to refuse as they don't have enough. Mines are from Abbey, who know I'm Scottish as I told them. No mention of not wearing colours, although Abbey call the seats 'premier seats' and charged a premier price. May fall in to a different category but I will be wearing colours.

its run by THG not the FAI but in any case its one sales channel thats messed up and looking for ways out.

its run by THG not the FAI but in any case its one sales channel thats messed up and looking for ways out.

That's what it is. I'm sure wearing Scotland colours will be fine.

I'm going to the needaticket office on the Thursday so I'll let people know what happens.

I really don't get why folk get so precious about wearing colours.

I'd rather guarantee I see the game but each to their own.

Like you, I don't quite understand what's difficult about this.

That said, it seems there may be another issue, which I would be more worried about, personally.

Am I the only person on here that thinks we probably shouldn't be in the home end anyway?

I mean I know the TA have a reputation for being friendly and all that but all it takes is for one idiot (from either side) and something could kick off.

I'm sure it will be fine in Dublin but other away fans might not be so welcoming.