Fai Saying No Scotland Fan In The Home End - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fai Saying No Scotland Fan In The Home End

Not sure how legit this is but spoke with needaticket and they've been told this by the FAI and therefore will give me the tickets ordered in person on Saturday morning.

Anyone heard anything? My first thought is the ticket company is stalling on tickets and might be at it.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how legit this is but spoke with needaticket and they've been told this by the FAI and therefore will give me the tickets ordered in person on Saturday morning.

Anyone heard anything? My first thought it the ticket company is stalling on tickets and might be at it.

Hmmmm, Just to be sure (to be sure) I will take a trackie top or a jumper and cover my Scotland top on the way in just in case. Not worth the risk of getting turned away for me.

Seems a strange stance by the FAI

Would be suspicious unless I saw something official though. Is need a ticket not just a tout site?, why would the FAI even contact them?

maybe they've decided they don't want any more Scotland support in the ground, so they don't lose as much of the home support advantage. Potentially another 3,000 - 5,000 Scotland fans could be in the ground on Saturday, on top of the official support allocation

Would be suspicious unless I saw something official though. Is need a ticket not just a tout site?, why would the FAI even contact them?

Yeah theyre a tout site. Can't imagine the FAI contacting them either. Would wait and see if anything official comes out but have my doubts. Think I'm getting bumped, I arrive Thursday so will go and see if they actually have an office in town.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Yeah theyre a tout site. Can't imagine the FAI contacting them either. Would wait and see if anything official comes out but have my doubts. Think I'm getting bumped, I arrive Thursday so will go and see if they actually have an office in town.

Worst case scenario the office doesn’t exist at least you will have a few days in Dublin to find a ticket. How may did you order and how much did it all cost?

Has anyone else received tickets from this site?

Worst case scenario the office doesnt exist at least you will have a few days in Dublin to find a ticket. How may did you order and how much did it all cost?

Has anyone else received tickets from this site?

Ordered 3 but paid with the CC through PayPal so should be alright if I'm scammed, and as you say gives us a few days to try and get one.

There was someone on the FB group saying he got a call from them saying the same thing.

A friend of mine just got the same phone call from Needaticket... Initially it was that if you turned up to the box office with Scotland colours you wouldn't get your ticket but now they are saying you will not get in the ground and it is a direct stance from the FAI this morning.

Heard this numerous times in the past and (outside of Macedonia) it has always been ok. Given the amount of Irish fans in the home end at the last game, I would be very surprised if the FAI took this stance and they probably have to say it in the lead up to these kind of matches.

Sounds to me that needaticket.Ie sold tickets thinking they could secure them easily. Now they weren't able to get as many as they needed and trying to put scots off

Have said it numerous times we have had away fans in the home end in the aviva and has been no issues so be surprised if there is any on Saturday

That seems to be the case where Needaticket are trying to put people off... They say they will give full refunds to any Scotland fans who no longer want to go.

Bunch of arseholes these touts!!!!

Guy kept that quiet on the phone. Maybe they don't have as many tickets as orders.

They are still selling them on their site but the price has just shot up AGAIN!