Stuart Mccall - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuart Mccall

Geeman

Stuart McCall back from his hiatus down govan way.

I for one think it's great to see him back as everything was working well whilst he was part of the coaching team. Pity he nearly relegated Well whilst doing it, but also kept them up.

If it ain't broke don't fix it and he was part of the team than performed so well in the games last year and can only hope in continues

Didnt think ww were talking about O'neill and keane ? Thought this was the Stuart McCall thread.

Just saying that the short corner manouvre is hardly a sign of a great tactician.

Hand on heart during that move I groaned to my brother and said out loud "not another short corner" Rest is a delirious blur.

I'd hope he's offered more in the number of weeks he's been away with the national team than one short corner otherwise WGS wouldn't have asked him back after his last few months work

Hand on heart during that move I groaned to my brother and said out loud "not another short corner" Rest is a delirious blur.

I'd hope he's offered more in the number of weeks he's been away with the national team than one short corner otherwise WGS wouldn't have asked him back after his last few months work

I like mccall. Liked him as a player too.

Ive no idea on how/good bad a tactician he is tbh.

As u say short corners can be done to death. But in this case due to a combination of keogh and coleman been stagnant in defence and a sublime finish from maloney ...it paid off....so fair play

Welcome back Stuart

Agree, it didn't work out for him at ibrox, doesn't make him a bad coach.

Scotland international who has done it at the highest level, he scored in Italia '90 vs sweden.

As already mentioned the set play leading up to the ireland goal at celtic park was worked on in training with McCall taking some of the credit. If it aint broke don't fix it.

:ok:

Edited by Robroysboy

Glad he's back :) really likeable guy. Fair play for trying to help rangers if that's what he wanted to do. Done a great job so far with us though and that's all that matters.

Like him, glad he's back. McGhee is a walloper

Agree he's a walloper but that doesn't make him a bad part of the set-up. Strachan is a bright man. He knows what he is doing and I'd like to think he knows more than any single member on here. That's why I trust him on his team. McGhee and McCall both. :ok: